RN Clinical Leader- Behavioral Health Child Unit- Day Shift
Full-time, benefits eligible position working day shift
7:00 a.m. -3:30 p.m.
RN experience required
Minimum hourly rate: $31.34
Manages nursing staff and nursing activities for an assigned department, including patient care, record-keeping, budgeting, and personnel issues. Practices professional nursing and promotes patient advocacy in accordance with the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses and maintains a current Ohio Nursing License.
Why Nationwide Children's Hospital?
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children's Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We're 13,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we'll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes aCollaborative Cultureto deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to fosternewdiscoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children's badge what they do for a living. They'll tell you it's More Than a Job. It's a calling. It's achanceto use and grow your talent to make an impact thattrulymatters.Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children's Hospital. A Place to Be Proud
- Oversees nursing and UAP staff in documentation, patient care, staffing, and clinical competencies. Serves as a clinical expert for policies, procedures, documentation, and skills.? Assists in the training and development of new and existing staff members, including performance appraisal.
- Assists in supervising clinical operations. Explains why clinical and financial management are important to the organization.
- Engages in the workplace community by staying aware of changes, participating in data collection or auditing, understanding Quality Improvement, and representing staff at relevant meetings and then reporting important information and updates back to staff.
- Maintains safety and quality as priorities, providing auditing and education for safety and quality initiatives.
- Ensures regulatory compliance and emergency response preparedness.
Note: Regular, reliable and consistent attendance is an essential job function. Employees are expected to perform work as scheduled. Please see the physical requirements for this position listed below.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. B.S.N. required.
2. Licensure: Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio.
3. Certification preferred.
4. Three years pediatric clinical experience or equivalent combination of education/experience required.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Note frequency as Constantly (67-100%), Frequently (34-66%) and Occasionally (0-33%) for each requirement. Also note any lifting requirements with pound limit.Sitting Talking on phone/in person Typing on a keyboard Standing/walking
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.