OhioMeansJobs|Cleveland-Cuyahoga-County is sourcing a Maintenance Electrician Position for a Cleveland Company.
The Maintenance Technician repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment; gear and sprocket drives, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, loading systems, production machines and equipment by performing the following duties.
DETAILED ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs routine facility maintenance as assigned, including both mechanical and electrical troubleshooting
- Performs PM tasks as assigned
- Observes and troubleshoots mechanical devices in operation by adjusting functional parts of devices and control instruments, as well as repairing/replacing defective parts.
- Replaces equipment components (i.e. motors, sensors, starters)
- Responsible for aiding in startup process to ensure equipment is operating correctly.
- Contains a strong electrical aptitude with the ability to assist in resolving issues and fostering Continuous Improvement.
- Respond to equipment breakdowns in a timely manner (both electrical and mechanical)
- All other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years industrial electrician experience in a maintenance/manufacturing setting
- Strong electrical aptitude with experience in manufacturing.
- Demonstrated ability to program/install/troubleshoot VFD drive
- Demonstrated ability to understand and troubleshoot PLC’s
- Demonstrated experience reading schematic diagrams
- Experience working with power distribution in a manufacturing setting
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Journeyman card preferred
ESSENTIAL CAPABILITIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES)
- Ability to make sound decisions regarding resource utilization and needs.
- Proven ability to successfully meet customer and management deadlines.
- Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Results-oriented, process improvement focused.
- Ability to work cross functionally to achieve outstanding results.
- Highly organized, self-starter that can work with little direct supervision.
- Ability to work a flex schedule as needed
- Able to regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Analytical Thinking & Decision Making – Identifies and understands trends and/or issues; connects data points through analysis to arrive at a logical conclusion.
- Business & Financial Acumen – Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the financial, accounting, marketing and operational functions of our organization; interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better corporate decisions.
- Effective Communication – Expresses ideas and information in a clear and concise manner by tailoring one's message to fit the interests and needs of the audience.
- Customer Orientation – Keeps internal and/or external customer(s) in mind at all times. Strives to proactively address customer concerns and needs. Assists business partners and customers to achieve their work goals via application of their own skills and knowledge; strives to provide consistent customer satisfaction.
- Establishes Trust – Gaining the confidence and faith of others by actions and words that promote being honest, forthcoming, integrious and vulnerable.
- Problem-Solving – Anticipates, evaluates, diagnoses, and resolves problems in a systematic and fact-based manner.
- Results Orientation & Accountability – Takes accountability, identifies, executes and drives actions to consistently achieve desired results.
- Teamwork & Collaboration – Creates a climate that fosters commitment to a common vision and shared values that promote cooperation and working together through trust and support of others.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – Maintaining effectiveness in varying environments and with different tasks, responsibilities and people.
- Continuous Improvement – Establishes methods and utilizes specialized techniques to monitor and improve performance of systems and processes.
- Self-Development – Seeks feedback on one’s strengths and weaknesses and initiates activities to increase or enhance their knowledge, skills, and proficiency in order to perform more effectively or enhance their career.
LOCATION OF ROLE
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.