Becoming the leader in the fire and security industry takes talent-yours. We are looking for experienced Fire Alarm/Sprinkler Inspectors in the Akron, OHarea to join our best of the best team as we drive the industry forward and pursue excellence in everything we do. If you're up to the challenge, we want to talk to you.
At Koorsen, we don't provide jobs, we provide careers. A career at Koorsen includes competitive pay, a great health package, an annual bonus program, life insurance, continuous learning offerings, 401k, paid holidays, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, career growth opportunities, and much more.
This role is primarily responsible for the inspection of fire alarm, sprinkler, suppression and backflow systems.
* Inspect and service all sprinkler and fire suppression systems
* Inspect and service all fire alarm systems
* Inspect and service all backflow systems
* Respond to trouble calls
* Sell and promote Koorsen products and services
* Maintain established client accounts
* May involve inspecting and servicing fire pumps
* Complete and process required paperwork in a timely fashion
* Represent Koorsen in a professional, positive manner
* Ensure a high level of customer service, satisfaction and communication
* Ensure continued communication and cooperation with Koorsen staff
* Follow safety rules and good driving habits
Education and Experience Requirements
* High school diploma or GED equivalent with at least 2 years of previous experience in the fire and life safety industry OR
* High school diploma or GED with a Trade School Certification and no experience
* Proficiency working in Microsoft Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel
* Will be required to obtain a backflow license
* Bachelor's degree in a technical or business discipline or equivalent experience preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
* Ability to pass a background check
* Must have and maintain a valid driver's license
* Must be able to access all areas of route vehicle, including loading & unloading materials
* Must be able to access and tolerate small crawl spaces
* Must be comfortable with heights
* Must be able to lift a minimum of 100 pounds
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS:
Please review the following to ensure that you are aware of key information for all applicants. If you have questions, please contact us at hiring"at"koorsen.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Family Medical Leave Act: Koorsen Fire & Security, Inc. meets all regulations for complying with the Family Medical Leave Act.
E-Verify and Workers Rights: Koorsen Fire & Security Inc. participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization. The E-Verify and workers' rights notice are available in English and Spanish.
Accommodation Requests: If you are an applicant with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at hiring"at"koorsen.com. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws.
Privacy Agreement: Please be aware of the following when answering conviction-related questions: Applicants should not disclose convictions that have been expunged, sealed, or statutorily eradicated; Misdemeanor convictions for which probation has been successfully completed or discharged and the case has been judicially dismissed; or Any referrals to a diversion program.
HIRING PROCESS (in addition to an interview):
1. New hires must complete the I-9 Verification form with 3 days of hire. This form is required by the U.S. Department of Justice and Immigration and Immigration and Naturalization Services and is used to verify your identity and right to work in the United States. In addition, we verify employment eligibility via E-Verify.
2. Background checks with criminal courts, state and county repositories of criminal records, the Department of Motor Vehicles, are required of all Positions.
3. Tests for Evidence of Substance Abuse by way of urinalysis test is required if this application results in an offer of employment.
Koorsen Fire & Security, Inc. considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran's status, or any other legally protected status.