Here, we believe there's not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there's a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We'll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
The Mobile Solutions Architect is a member of the mobile team and maintains the architecture (and related artifacts) for a related set of applications and systems, which together comprise the mobile program. The Mobile Solutions Architect is responsible for leading collaboration with Business and IT Stakeholders throughout the organization in order to design solution architectures that deliver the required business capabilities while being aligned to Sherwin-Williams business and technology strategies. This role specifically is responsible for customer-facing mobile applications including integrations to supporting systems such as E-Commerce and Content Management Systems.
This position translates business capabilities/requirements into specific business, application, information, and technology architectures to deliver business value. The incumbent will need to build relationships with key business and technology stakeholders across the enterprise; be highly collaborative; drive communication to the business, architecture, and software delivery teams; and apply analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify and solve systems problems.
An effective Mobile Solutions Architect will have a broad range of technical knowledge and will deliver solution architectures across multiple projects, as well as consultative technical leadership across the organization, from strategic decision making to project planning to architectural governance and oversight. This position will work closely with others to grow their base of knowledge, but also share their knowledge with the business and IT teams via collaborative meetings, documentation, and formal presentations.
Strategy & Planning
* Provide strategic, technical and operational expertise and leadership in support of business and technology transformational activities.
* Contribute to technology strategy and planning; lead research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts; recommend introduction of technologies, new features, or other non-functional requirements for implementation that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility.
* Develop and foster relationships with the divisional and business unit subject matter experts.
* Confer with stakeholders to define business requirements for complex systems development - from both functional and non-functional perspectives (i.e. concept of operations, performance, test, cost, schedule, training, support and disposal).
* Promote synergies and reuse within and across projects and programs in order to maximize rapid yet responsible delivery of business value, as well as championing architectural principles and strategies.
* Work with Technical Domain and Enterprise Architects to develop comprehensive solutions architecture.
* Communicate the Mobile architectures to senior management, business, architecture, and development teams through deliverables, presentations, training and other appropriate means and forums.
* Coach, mentor and support system development teams in implementing reference architectures and standards.
* Steer Program use of Integration, partnering with SOA CoE/Integration Competency Center to strategically suggest Services and Integrations to realize reliable business value.
* Steer Program use of Application Security, partnering with Application Security team to identify and support Delivery Teams' realization of requirements in the security space.
* Stay current on emerging design patterns, mobile software development or infrastructure concepts and industry best practices.
* Serve as a bridge between highly technical and highly business-focused teams, facilitating understanding and brokering agreements to shared goals through collaboration.
Acquisition & Deployment
* Provide technical oversight for multiple project initiatives.
* Lead technology life-cycle projects including technology evaluation, selection, implementation, support and retirement/replacement.
* Evaluate alternative architectures with respect to their feasibility as well as composition (people, hardware, software, facilities, policies, documents, risks and cost), and make recommendations.
* Develop prototypes of system designs, working with Technical Architects and Delivery Teams, to prove viability where necessary.
* Assist in the creation of enterprise-wide technology standards.
* Document architectural designs and standards for implemented solutions.
* Create and maintain reference architectures, systems models, use case scenarios, workflow diagrams, and data models to provide architectural expertise, direction, and guidance to IT delivery teams.
* Validate the architecture's compliance to the requirements and verify the system's compliance to the architecture.
* Develop, document, communicate, and enforce system standards and solutions review processes.
* Mentor and/or provide guidance to all members of the team.
* Support risk identification and mitigation process and provide issue management. recommendations as required.
* Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the group and other business/technical entities.
* Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
* Minimal travel, up to 5%, may be required.
* Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday may be required.
Formal Education & Certification
* Bachelor Degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
* Master Degree preferred.
Knowledge & Experience
* 10+ years IT experience.
* 10+ years of experience within all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle.
* 4+ years professional experience in architecting, designing and developing highly scalable native iOS and Android applications (Obj-C, Swift, Java and Kotlin) that have been released in the App Store or Play Store.
* 3+ year with architectural patterns and paradigms such as MVP, Rx and/or MVVM.
* Strong knowledge of current mobile technologies and trends, such as:
o Material Design and Apple's HIG design principles, patterns and best practices
o Mobile Application Analytics
o Push notifications and experience with one or more 3rd party push notification systems
o Commonly used device sensors such as camera, gyroscope, accelerometer, Bluetooth and GPS
o Mobile Augmented Reality and Machine Learning capabilities
o Cross platform mobile frameworks and platforms such as React Native and Flutter
* Working experience with and advocate for software quality practices:
o Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
o Unit Testing and Mobile Testing Automation
* Experience integrating with remote or local data sources:
o REST APIs
o MBaaS such as Firebase
o SQLlite, CoreData, JDXA or NexusData
* Experience working with information security vulnerability tests, such as static and dynamic testing tools and/or network penetration tests
* Strong working knowledge of mobile architecture with the ability to analyze and resolve moderately complex, cross-system issues, and demonstrate an understanding of specific technologies (and their architectural connectivity).
* Experience in developing strategic solutions architecture plans, technology planning and execution, and policy development and maintenance.
* Knowledge of information processing, data modeling principles, data management practices, and system interaction patterns and interfaces.
* Demonstrated ability to analyze existing technical architectures and recommend and implement alternatives with regard to tools, technologies, and approaches to their use.
* Knowledge of vendor software integration and interaction patterns.
* Experience with Adobe Experience Manager preferred.
* Experience with HCL Commerce (IBM WebSphere) preferred.
* Experience with accessibility regulations and guidelines such as WCAG 2.0.
* Experience working with data and systems that require regulatory compliance such as PCI, PII and/or GDPR.
* Experience with establishing governance models, development standards and engineering processes
* Excellent written and oral communications skills.
* Exceptional ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
* Excellent systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, organization skills and problem solving skills.
* Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Ability to quickly pick up new tools and technologies.
* Strong ability to train and teach others.
* Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
* Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment, and to lead and influence cross-organizationally with and without direct authority.
* Exceptional ability to effectively move forward on tasks even with ambiguous or changing requirements.
Candidate must be eligible to work in the country for which they are applying for employment, without now or in the future needing sponsorship for employment work visa and/or permanent residence status.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-CLEVELAND
Work Locations: USA OH Cleveland Prospect Ave Headquarters
101 West Prospect Ave
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Inclusion and Diversity Supportive Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.