OhioMeansJobs Lake County is currently accepting resumes for the following position:
Position ID Number: 38131339
The duties of General Labor (Piecework) vary. May be assigned to any Piecework Production position in the Euclid or Mentor plants that require physical labor including constructing, or building various parts used to make a finished product, or working collaboratively with computer-controlled equipment that require mechanical aptitude and spatial ability.
Piecework pay for individual positions is based on the number of units produced by the individual worker. Line work typically involves working with a group of employees to complete a finished product. Lines normally pay on a group piecework basis, which means that all of the workers on the line are paid according to the number of units produced by the group.
- Performs general labor including light to heavy assembly, fine component dexterity, plastic injection molding, laser cutting, metal punching, stamping, bending, forming, shearing and hoisting apparatus. Includes heavy machine designed for mixing, extruding, wire drawing, winding and packaging.
- Works with some positions that may require the occasional use of circular or band saws, grinders or air powered tools that generate torque of vibration.
- Position requires continuous use of hands including grasping, pushing, pulling including fine manipulation.
- Follows all risk reduction procedures including wearing specified protective clothing and safety equipment where required. Includes hearing, eye, foot protection and respirator protection where required.
- Works in a highly structured environment requiring strict adherence to quality standards and frequent reading and following written work instructions, interpreting scales, dials or gauges, reading or generating charts or tables.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to read and write English
- Basic understanding of Math included addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, counting and problem solving.
- Basic Computer Literacy
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug test and background check
- Flexibility with scheduling including working swing (or rotating) shifts and ability to work overtime and weekends as necessary.
- Must be able to work in an environment requiring a very high attention to details and exceptional orderliness.
- Requires ability to work in a Plan Environment that is not air conditioned.
- Please contact Renee DeGennaro-Baur (440)350-4323 or Renee.DeGennaroBaur@jfs.ohio.gov for immediate consideration.