The landscaping team member is an experienced landscaper and assists the team leader. The position works as a member of the team and is responsible for landscape maintenance and enhancement projects under the direction of the team leader. The landscape team member is able to operate a variety of equipment and has a working knowledge of horticultural practices.
1. Completes landscape maintenance duties, such as planting, fertilizer application, weed control, aeration, spring clean-up, fall clean-up, trimming, pruning and snow removal.
2. Completes landscape enhancement projects such as mulch application, plantings, top soil application, lawn seeding.
3. Maintains a clean and safe work environment, including work site and equipment.
4. Completes the job in the most time-efficient manner meeting the company productivity targets.
5. Operates a variety of mechanical equipment including but not limited to bed edgers, commercial mowers, blowers, dump trailers, chain saws, line trimmers, and tillers.
6. If approved as a driver, safely operates vehicles such as trucks and trailer combinations.
7. Assists the team leader with communication with clients by answering questions, and ensuring the client’s satisfaction throughout the project. Communicates clients concerns to the team leader or management.
8. Assists the team leader with route and job organization, ensuring that sufficient resources and materials are available.
9. Cares for equipment and notifies management of needed repairs.
10. Applies chemicals under the direction of licensed applicator.
* Meets work standards by following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving operational problems; identifying work process improvements.
* Meets cost standards by monitoring expenses; implementing cost-saving actions.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
* Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Performance Management, Project Management, Foster Teamwork, Supervision, Quality Management, Tracking Budget Expenses, Results Driven, Delegation, Time Management, Proactive, Staffing