Avient Corporation (formerly PolyOne Corporation), with 2020 revenues of$3.8 billion, provides specialized and sustainable material solutions that transform customer challenges into opportunities, bringing new products to life for a better world. Examples include:
Barrier technologies that preserve the shelf-life and quality of food, beverages, medicine and other perishable goods through high-performance materials that require less plastic
Light-weighting solutions that replace heavier traditional materials like metal, glass and wood, which can improve fuel efficiency in all modes of transportation
Breakthrough technologies that minimize wastewater and improve the recyclability of materials and packaging across a spectrum of end uses
Avient employs approximately 9,100 associates and is certified ACC Responsible Care and a founding member of the Alliance to End Plastic Waste. For more information, visit
At Avient, we strive for a culture of trust and engagement. Our associates are leading company initiatives such as Lead by Women, HYPE and Pride to advance diversity in professional and personal development. We also provide our associates with robust development programs such as Avient Academy, Lean Six Sigma, and various leadership workshops to allow for career growth in a variety of ways. With workplace flexibility, health and wellness programs, casual dress days, and paid time off for community service, we are committed to building upon our positive momentum.
At Avient, we believe diversity of ideas and backgrounds gives us the creativity to be successful in a rapidly changing world. In support of this, we stress equality of opportunity for all qualified individuals in accordance with applicable laws. Decisions on hiring, promotion, development, compensation or advancement are based solely on a person's qualifications, abilities, experience and performance.
Trade Compliance Analyst
The Trade Compliance Analyst is responsible for managing trade compliance elements of import and export operations for the United States and Canada. The position will focus on tariff classifications of manufactured and purchased products while maintaining responsibility for all aspects of all Free Trade Agreements in which Avient participates. Additionally, the Analyst will support the development and maintenance of corporate policies and procedures to ensure compliance with worldwide import and export laws and regulations. Some travel may be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Ensure import and export classification of articles, software, and technology including but not limited to Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS), Export Control/Licensing Number (ECCN), and Country of Origin (COO).
* Assist in the management of export controls and licensing as needed.
* Ensure all import and export related activities are in compliance with relevant government import and export regulations and Avient policies and procedures.
Manage all aspects of sanctions, embargos ad denied party screening process and tracking.
* Support maintenance of the Avient Classification Database within Avient's ERP system and the Global Trade Management Software.
* Maintain import and export files electronically according to applicable government regulations.
* Communicate and collaborate directly with Avient Sourcing, Finance, Customer Service, Logistics, Product Stewardship, IT, and third party Freight Forwarders/Customs Brokers.
* Participate in managing all aspects of Avient issued FTA certificates.
* Identify changes in applicable rules, regulations, standards and related trends in the trade arena that are relevant to the Trade Compliance Program; recommend necessary modifications to policies and procedures.
* Serve as the North American Trade Compliance Manager back up when necessary.
* Conduct assigned import/export auditing; track and metric results.
* Utilize Lean Six Sigma methodology and drive continuous improvement efforts in all aspects of the role.
* Perform other work related tasks as assigned by the Global Trade Compliance Manager.
* Other duties as assigned.
United States and Canada
Must be considered a "U.S. Person" as defined by ITAR & EAR for export purposes (e.g., a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, lawful permanent resident, asylee, refugee).
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to lead and embrace change
* Ability to lead and manage projects to completion amidst uncertain conditions, obstacles and/or conflicting data
* Ability to collaborate with internal and external network to achieve company goals
* Ability to work in teams while promoting Avient values and ethical standards
* Ability to communicate effectively in writing and oral presentations to diverse audiences
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong organizational skills
* Ability to read, interpret, and apply government regulations (i.e., 15, 19, & 22 CFR)
* Second language skills would be beneficial but not required
* SAP experience preferred
* Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
* Exposure to and understanding of United States and Canadian trade regulations, including free trade agreements such as USMCA
* Exposure to and understanding of international commerce and commercial terms (INCO Terms) as well as trade compliance practices and procedures as generally implemented in multinational organizations
Education and Experience
4 year degree or equivalent experience in global logistics/freight forwarding
Minimum of 2 years experience in global logistics/freight forwarding or international business environment and regulatory compliance including import, export, classification (HTSUS), brokerage, customs and compliance.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical and environmental demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
* Requires remaining in a stationary position for prolonged periods of time, and frequent communication.
* Must be able to traverse and operate computer and other office equipment.
* Typical work is in an office environment where the noise level is low to moderate.
Avient Corporation is a drug free workplace.Avient is an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran's status, or other legally protected classification in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. #LI-KF1
PolyOne is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status, or other legally protected classification in the state in which a person is seeking employment. PolyOne will use E-Verify to ensure employment eligibility of newly hired employees where required.