Project Manager I
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Centennial is a national leader in renovation, infrastructure improvements, new construction, sustainable initiatives and emergency services for facility owners. We operate a nationwide network of more than 30 offices led by construction professionals who share a common goal: to keep promises, honor commitments and exceed client expectations. Our performance helps forge strong partnerships, which are strengthened over time.
As the nation's foremost practitioner of Job Order Contracting (JOC) project delivery, Centennial tailors its performance-based approach to best address owner requirements. Centennial adapts its proven systems to ably address project intricacies, whether through Design-Build, Integrated Delivery, Construction Management, On-Call Construction, Engineering and Services or Facility Management.
Centennial serves institutions, government agencies and private industry. As a member of the Bilfinger Engineering and Services Group, Centennial helps clients better control day-to-day expenditures, lower energy consumption and reduce facility management costs.
People constitute Centennial's key differentiator - professionals committed to operating at the forefront of performance-based construction and contributing daily to mutually beneficial, long-term client partnerships.
* Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field highly desired
* 4+ years' experience in the construction industry with a commercial or industrial general contractor
* Previous experience managing and coordinating multiple projects and subcontractors/vendors
* Proficient in producing detailed fixed price estimates; has the ability to use RS Means or other published unit price books to produce detailed line item estimates
* Strong knowledge of construction means and methods
* Proficient with Microsoft Office; Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
* Experience with and/or ability to learn project specific software such as ProCore, BlueBeam, or similar
* Must be able to develop and maintain positive and effective working relationships with clients, subcontractors, all levels of personnel, and more
* Ability to be flexible and adaptable to frequent changes and work in a fast paced environment
* Possess effective negotiating skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, to include clear, concise and professional presentation of information
* Ability to manage all resources, to include operations support staff, vendors, subcontractors, time, and more, as well as, prioritizing tasks in order to meet tight deadlines and successfully deliver high quality projects
* Ability to work well in a team environment
Scope of Responsibility:
Position requires management of multiple projects concurrently. The value of projects will vary based on contract type and overall complexity but in general the position will oversee projects ranging from $2,000 to $500,000 each or $1,500,000 annually. Responsible for CPM and/or MS Project scheduling and project cost control and risk management. Performs estimating duties as required. Coordinates with Project Architects, Engineers, Superintendents, and other operations support members. Responsible for job order contract administration, data entry, scope of work development, cost estimates, proposals development, subcontractor buyout and coordination, scheduling, coordination with project architects and engineers, project meetings, project records and documents, managing customer relations and expectations.
* Plans, coordinates, and manages all facets necessary to complete projects within budget, on time, and deliver quality work
* Create and manage project budgets
* Collaborate with project team effectively and continuously throughout projects
* Manage delivery order execution in accordance with contract requirements and project management procedures
* Attend pre-issuance site visits to determine existing conditions and client needs
* Develop detailed project scope of work to include drawings, renderings, preliminary approximations of types of materials to be used and basic quantity counts
* Review the proposal scope of work, specifications, and drawings to ensure they clearly define the project requirements and client expectations
* Prepare estimates based on technical specifications, scope of work and drawings or sketches; to include detailed quantity take-offs for each job order and enter line items into on-site computer containing the Unit Price Book software
* Confirm that all necessary line items are included in the estimate and any unnecessary items are excluded
* Prepare quantity take-offs and enter line items into on-site computer containing the pre-established unit prices using RS Means or other line item estimating tools
* Develop pricing for non-scheduled line items
* Solicit detailed proposal information from at least 3 vendors and/or subcontractors with all supporting documentation on equipment, material and labor costs for materials or equipment not covered in an industry standard manual or for work to be performed by subcontractor
* Evaluate vendor and subcontractor proposals to confirm compliance with scope of work; negotiate delivery order subcontractor agreements based upon this information
* Coordinate subcontractor buyout; to include arranging and attending site visits with subcontractors, tracking subcontractor proposals and entering required data in project management software.
* Review subcontractor proposals to ensure compliance with project requirements
* Prepare a detailed proposal package based on the scope of work and the line item estimate; submit to client and attend negotiations to support the proposal as submitted. Negotiate with the client as necessary
* Negotiate with subcontractors and prepare detailed subcontractor agreements
* Establish logs and track required submittals and RFI's; review for compliance with the contract documents
* Develop and maintain detailed project schedules for use by the customer, subcontractors, and field superintendents
* Coordinate project close-out; to include obtaining required documentation, assisting in pre-final inspections and As-Built drawings
* Contact new and existing customers to discuss their needs and if applicable, understanding the full potential of frame work agreements in place to serve their market in order to propose solutions, identify improvements, enhance customer service and retention, and grow business
* Supervise and mentor operations support staff and junior level roles
* Assist proposal and business development departments on requests for information and proposal reviews as needed
* Ensure compliance with Centennial's Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) guidelines and procedures along with all local requirements (OSHA, USACE EM385.1.1, etc.)
* Performance of the required job duties will be in an office environment along with visits to sites that are under construction which may include various weather conditions.
* The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
* The ability to walk terrain and surfaces that may be far, uneven, or temporary.
* The ability to regularly sit, stand, walk, talk and hear.
* The ability to frequently use hands to finger, handle or feel.
* The ability to occasionally climb, balance, stoop, kneel, squat, or reach.
* The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
We are a national General Contractor providing complex renovation and design/build construction services around the country. Our clients include both government and institutional facilities across multiple states. We offer long term opportunities with excellent compensation, benefits and advancement potential. All positions require successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check. This position requires daily, reliable transportation to and from project sites.
I certify that the answers given herein are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. By submitting my application to Centennial and/or affiliated entities, I authorize investigation of all statements contained in this application for employment as may be necessary in arriving at an employment decision. I understand that this application is not and is not intended to be a contract of employment. If I am hired, I understand that I have the right to terminate my employment at any time, with or without cause, and that Centennial and/or affiliated entities retains the same right.
I understand that as an applicant for a position, I may be required to submit to a drug screening and background check as a condition of employment and/or continued employment. I understand that an unsatisfactory result from, refusal to cooperate with, or any attempt to affect the results of these pre-employment tests and background checks will result in withdrawal of any employment offer or termination of employment if already employed.
In the event of employment, I understand that false or misleading information given in my application or interviews may result in discharge. I understand, also, that I am required to abide by all rules and regulations of the company as set forth in the Centennial Employee Handbook.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
You are invited to provide your race, gender and if you are disabled in your employment application, but it is not required. This information is being requested on a voluntary basis solely to fulfill our Affirmative Action requirements as a Federal Contractor. If you prefer not to disclose you will not be subject to any adverse treatment. Any information collected related to a disability will be kept confidential and in accordance with the ADA.
Please reach out to Luis Castillo (703) 537-6016 for any questions related to this position.
Centennial Contractors Enterprises Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veterans/Disabled. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other legally protected characteristics.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.
Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
Fraudulent employment offers
We are aware that fraudulent employment offers are being transmitted via email by people claiming to be employees or representatives of Bilfinger. Prospective candidates are provided job descriptions and employment letters and are asked to complete and return employment information forms as well as official tax forms. These job offers may look genuine and could include names of Bilfinger legal entities, Bilfinger executives, their signatures, seals of "authenticity", the Bilfinger brand and logo.
Please be advised that these communications are FRAUDULENT and are NOT sent from anyone within or affiliated with Bilfinger. These email messages are a scam and should be treated as such. Bilfinger does not make job offers via social media, unsolicited email or without personally interviewing candidates first. We never send you cheques in order to pay contractors to set up a home office. Never send money or pass on personal details to anyone suggesting they can provide employment with Bilfinger, and never reply to an email address that does not end in @bilfinger.com.
If you receive such a message, you are advised to contact your local law enforcement agency and provide any details you may have. You also may forward the messages to .
If you are interested in an employment with Bilfinger, please submit your application in the safe environment of our only.
Centennial Contractors Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.