Position Title: Network Engineer 1
Position Number: 364272
Location: Columbus, OH 43229
Position Type: Temporary
Required Skill Set:
Cisco, Help Desk, LAN, Telecommunication, WAN
**Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.**
Position: Network Engineer 1
Start Date: 04/12/2021
End Date: 06/30/2021
Location: Columbus, OH 43229
This position requires a Cisco certified candidate. There are nine qualifying Cisco certifications – A CCNA, CCNE, or CCMP is highly desired. Please attach a copy of your candidate's certification along with the resume (or provide certification number). Candidates submitted without an accompanying certification will not be forwarded to the manager. Additionally – candidate will be required to provide proof of any degree or certification listed on resume. A valid driver’s license will be required for this position. A BCI background check with fingerprints will also be required upon offer.
Minimum Qualifications/Education /Training Required:
• Completion of undergraduate core coursework in computer science or electronic engineering; 3 years of training or 3 years of experience in telecommunications operations involving use of multiple telecommunications computer equipment (e.g., IBM pc compatibles, IBM series I, modems, multiplexers, digital access cross connect switch routes & other state-of-art networking equipment) or 3 years of training or 3 years of experience in telecommunication circuit design & project implementation (e.g., network engineer with common carrier).
• Or completion of associate core coursework in computer science or electronic engineering; 4 years of training or 4 years of experience in telecommunications operations involving use of multiple telecommunications computer equipment (e.g., IBM pc compatibles, modems, multiplexers, digital access cross connect switch routers & other state-of-art networking equipment). or 4 yrs. trng. or 4 yrs. exp. in telecommunication circuit design & project implementation (e.g., network engineer with common carrier).
• Or 12 mos. exp. as Telecommunications Network Operator 3, 52483.
• Or 24 mos. exp. as Telecommunications Network Operator 2, 52482.
• Or equivalent of Minimum Class Qualifications for Employment noted above.
• Two yrs. network exp. in WAN/LAN communications; PC based applications exp. with MS Word, Excel and Access; MSCNE desired or working on certification. Experience in any combinations of the following: Microsoft Active directory Administration, Configuring upgrading or installing Cisco switches and routers in WAN environment. 3 years’ experience working in a CISCO VOIP environment or CISCO certifications. Strong communication skills both.
• Employee installs and maintains local and wide area networks throughout the agency; analyzes and maximizes network utilization and performance; coordinates information between end- users and IS staff to maintain a fully functioning network; documents network design and keeps records of network changes.
• The employee will help the agency achieve CFSR standards and help ensure service delivery that focuses on Safety, Permanency and Wellbeing for the families served by the agency.
• The employee is committed to practicing cultural competence by: working respectfully and effectively with people of all cultures, classes, races, genders, ethnic backgrounds, religions, sexual orientations, mental aner that recognizes, affirms and values the worth of individuals, families and communities and protects and preserves the dignity of each.
• The employee will adhere to the agency’s Guiding Principles by serving as a child welfare professional, valuing every child, honoring families and valuing partnerships.
• Designs, installs and configures new networks and their components (hardware/software) including servers, hubs, routers, firewalls and client PCs running Windows 95/NT. Evaluates current systems and makes recommendations as necessary; consults with and advises management on operational system problems; maintains, debugs and maximizes end-user availability of existing networks while installing new components and software; monitors and analyzes network traffic for optimization; coordinates network information with Managed Care partners; works with confidential Human Resources and Payroll systems.
• Assists in the troubleshooting of “Help Desk” calls as it pertains to networking and software problems; consults with users on possible solutions.
• Participates in staff development, conferences and other department/agency meetings as needed.
• Performs other related duties as assigned, which may include handling cases from Intake, if needed and if determined by HR to be qualified to do so.
For information and details on employment benefits offered, visit here
. If you have any questions/concerns, please contact our HR Department via our secured website
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify). (Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)