Date: April 7, 2021
Company: Allen County Agricultural Society dba Allen County Fair
Job Type: Full-time, salaried position
Deadline for received applications is April 21, 2021.
The Operations Manager serves as the Secretary of the Agricultural Society and as its primary public representative, reporting to the Allen County Agricultural Society Board of Directors. The Operations Manager works in partnership with the Board of Directors and Staff to ensure that the organization fulfills its mission and to create strategies that ensure its future success.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports to the Board of Directors
DIRECT REPORTS: President of the Board and the Vice-President of the Board
- The Operations Manager is responsible for the promotion of the Fairgrounds facility and will be responsible to actively seek new events to be held at the fairgrounds
- The Operations Manager is expected to maintain existing relationships with current Event Promoters that use the fairgrounds
- Collaborates with the Board of Directors to carry out the Agricultural Society's vision
- Implement annual operating plans that support strategic direction set by the Board of Directors through collaboration and with support of the appropriate committees
- Implements and monitors strategies in cooperation with the Treasurer for ensuring long-term financial viability of the organization
- Manages the operations of the Agricultural Society and ensures its compliance with legal and regulatory requirements with special attention to the Ohio Department of Agriculture and the Ohio Revised Code pertaining to agricultural societies and fairs (Red Book)
- Creates and maintains procedures for implementing plans approved by the Board of Directors
- Promotes a culture that reflects the organization's values, encourages good performance and rewards productivity
- Collaborates with the Personnel Committee to hire, discipline and terminate personnel
- Manages the human resources of the organization according to authorized personnel policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and regulations
- Prudently manages the Agricultural Society's resources within budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations
- Supports Treasurer and ensures that Staff practices appropriate accounting procedures in handling of receipts
- Supports Treasurer by providing prompt, thorough and accurate information to keep the Board of Directors appropriately informed of the Agricultural Society's financial position
- Community Relationships
- Serves as primary spokesperson and representative for the Agricultural Society
- Assures that the Agricultural Society and its mission, programs and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders
- Actively advocates for the Agricultural Society, its beliefs, and its programmatic efforts
- Acts as a liaison between the Agricultural Society and the community, building relationships with peer organizations when appropriate
Board Support and Leadership
- Serves as Secretary of the Agricultural Society Board of Directors and serves on various Committees as appointed by the Board
- Aids the Board of Directors in the development of policies and planning recommendations
- Public relations and marketing
- Government regulations
- Organizational planning
- Human resource development
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication, leadership skills, team building, people skills, the ability to work effectively with volunteer boards and committees
- Ability to plan, organize and implement activities appropriate to the advancement of the organizational goals
- Ability to cooperate with the Agricultural Society to fulfill its mission
- Ability to cooperate with a diverse group of volunteers and staff with respect and diplomacy while challenging their professional growth
Exempt — Position is salaried and exempt from overtime
Office administrative work. Small amount of travel to meetings and public events.
The above statements cover what are generally believed to be the principal and essential function of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require Fair Manager to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
$50,000.00+ (Commensurate on experience)
The Operations Manager is not a county employee. The Agricultural Society provides full time employees with medical insurance (subject to employee contributions) sick leave, vacation, paid holidays, and a Simple IRA as per Agricultural Society Policy.
Base schedule is 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Meetings and events at the fairgrounds often require working on weekends and evenings and hours vary greatly during the annual fair to meet needs.
To improve, promote and preserve the public welfare through the understanding of agriculture, horticulture, domestic art and science, general community betterment, together with all other industrial, commercial and educational interests of the County of Allen and the State of Ohio.
It is also the purpose of the Allen County Agricultural Society to serve and benefit the citizens of Allen County, the surrounding counties and the State of Ohio, by planning, organizing and operating the Allen County Fair, as well as carrying out the other purposes stated herein, all of which promote and serve the vital industry of agriculture in Ohio.
TO APPLY: Visit https://ohiomeansjobs-allen-county.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/ACF-Application_2021.pdf
AND Email application with your resume and a cover letter if you desire (all in pdf format) to: Tessa.Laing@jfs.ohio.gov Deadline for received applications is April 21, 2021.