There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
GM Employees Only: Lateral Move Only, not a promotional opportunity
Electrical controls engineer is responsible for program execution of current and future foundry equipment which includes, FANUC Robotics Automation, iR Vision, Allen Bradley RS-Logix / Safety PLC's, Siemens PLC and HMI, Device Net / Ethernet Remote I/O set-up and troubleshooting. Work is performed in a centralized manufacturing engineering activity within a plant where a considerable amount of creativity and initiative is exercised as well as a high level of independent judgment
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
* Safety is our #1 priority - It's personal, Own it, Live it, Everywhere, Every Day
* Design, construction, integration, plant installation, successful launch and continuous improvement of the electrical and control aspects of equipment and tools required for the production of high-quality Castings.
* Manage projects through purchasing processes
* Conduct equipment risk assessments with a diverse group of stakeholders
* Conduct Equipment build/run-off and buyoff processes
* Manage deliveries to program timing milestones.
* Provide project report outs to senior management.
* Existing program/site support
* Troubleshooting, diagnosis of equipment malfunctions, etc.
* Support the TIP (Throughput Improvement process)
* Continuous Improvement initiatives
* Ability to learn new skills, and coach / Mentor others on Control related issues, using a hands-on approach
* Supports business team in Business Plan Deployment (BPD) process
* Knowledge of manufacturing and maintenance processes/procedures as well as quality control and environmental procedures is required
* Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with all stakeholders.
* Flex Rotational shifts: Ability to work 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts, weekends as needed
* Travel as required.
Basic Skills- Required:
* Demonstrated excellent level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and stakeholders to solve problems and resolve issues
* Ability to work with people at all levels of the organization in a team environment
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and significantly complex projects and assignments with high level of autonomy and accountability for results
* Strong work ethic (self-starter, responsible, follow through on assignments)
* Demonstrated initiative by reaching beyond work assigned to improve output and/or help others
* Strong technical knowledge of electrical/control systems and the ability to apply these concepts within a manufacturing environment.
* Experience in PLC and HMI programmi