The Technical Support Specialist (Brainiac – Tier 1) is responsible for the first call resolution and troubleshooting of Buckeye’s voice, video, and data products as well as basic Brainiac subscriber calls. The Brainiac – Tier 1 answers calls from all of the technical product queues of the division and is expected to be an expert in their field. The Brainiac –Tier 1 will work with the customer and field personnel to resolve all supported technical problems and answer all supported technical questions resulting in a first call resolution at least 95% of the time. The Brainiac – Tier 1 will promote a positive and upbeat attitude to all Buckeye customers, as well as all employees of Buckeye Broadband and their contracted personnel. The Brainiac – Tier 1 is also required to introduce additional products and services to our customers to ensure the best customer experience.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma/GED – required
- Certify within 12 months to be a Brainiac – Tier 2 - required
- Previous experience in a Help Desk environment – preferred
- Knowledge of cable modem/hybrid fiber-coax network architecture – preferred
- Knowledge of telephone system terms and equipment – preferred
- Knowledge of POP/SMTP, DNS, DHCP, FTP and other common network protocols – preferred
- Previous experience with electronic video equipment – preferred
- Accountable – See it, Own it, Solve it, Do it; Hold each other accountable;
- Agile – Embraces change; adaptable and flexible; sense of urgency;
- Collaborative – Teamwork, Proactive knowledge sharing, Constructive Conflict;
- Customer Focused – External/Internal; Creates the exceptional customer experience; demonstrates a sales and service mentality;
- Innovative – Uses critical thinking; Creativity; Continuous learning; Challenges the status quo.
Applications accepted online at www.buckeyebroadband.com