Once Upon a Child, part of a nationwide network of resale stores that buy and sell gently used kids' clothing, shoes, toys, furniture and equipment, is looking for enthusiastic and customer service minded Customer Service Representatives. We focus on quality, safety, and value – the same things that are important to your own family,
We appreciate your interest in the Once Upon a Child Customer Service Representative position. Please complete our online application so we know to contact you.
Once Upon a Child Customer Service Representative (Gahanna, Ohio)
As a Once Upon a Child Service Representative, you will be responsible for providing exceptional service to our customers. Key priorities include greeting customers, performing all POS transactions, processing, and stocking merchandise on the sales floor. You must be a customer service-oriented individual who is not afraid of striking up conversations and reaching out to help all our customers. You must be energetic, upbeat, and enjoy working in a fun team-oriented environment.
What We Offer All Eligible Employees:
- Competitive wage and bonus
- Outstanding health, dental and vision benefit
- Generous employee discount at all company brand stores
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off (PTO)
- STD, long term disability company paid
- 401k with company match
- Flexible schedules
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Anniversary Program
- Full and part-time position available
- Opportunities for growth and professional development
- Opportunity for pay increase at 90 days
- Individually creates a positive store experience by greeting and interacting with customers and creating a fun and convenient place for our customers to shop.
- Engages with customers by informing them about promotions, loyalty programs
- Must be able to effectively communicate the buying and selling process to customers.
- Performs all other duties as assigned to maintain an effective and profitable store operation.
- Learns quickly, seeks out new opportunities and responsibilities.
- Ability to follow directives
- Honest, dependable, self-motivated, with mature judgment, and a strong sense of urgency.
- Communicates effectively.
- Ability to regularly lift up to 40lbs.
- Must be able to meet demands of frequent walking, standing, stooping, climbing a ladder pushing, and repetitive lifting
- Must be able to follow established operational standards
- Must be 16 or older
Our teams are working tirelessly to provide a clean and safe environment for themselves and customers. We continue to enhance and modify our protocols, as appropriate. This includes:
- Plexiglass guards at cash registers.
- Associates conduct home health screenings prior to their shift, and again at arrival at the store.
- Cleaning protocols hourly throughout the day.
- Social distancing by maintaining at least six feet between yourself, fellow employees, and customers
- Face masks mandatory for employees and customers; gloves available for employees to wear during their shifts.