Now hiringDining Room Serverswithgreat customer serviceforrestaurant-style dining roomat beautiful senior living campus
Are you a focused on great customer service? Can you serve and inspire hundreds of people every day with a smile and kind word? We are looking for that kind of Rockstar! Someone willing to wow diners so they are excited for a cuisine treat!
We have anactivesenior living community in Westerville, OH looking for team members with culinary experience to blend health and delight. If you are looking for better hours and an opportunity to live out your dream of running your own kitchen then start sharpening your paring knife - we want you to join our team!
Positions start at$14.50/hour! Variety of shifts are available.
***From-scratch kitchen with fresh ingredients, contemporary seasonal menus and restaurant style dining***
Join our team and share in the mission with National Church Residences!
Westerville, OH * Part-Time
PURPOSE According to the prescribed policies and procedures of the organization including all applicable federal, state and local regulations and under the supervision of the Director of Food Service assumes responsibility for ensuring the residents are receiving a quality dining experience. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS * Responsible for the resident's entire dining experience, which includes but not limited to, seating residents, presenting them with menus, explaining food items, refers to the Cook or Director regarding ingredients and food preparation, taking their food orders, serving residents using the established rules of etiquette and responding to complaints regarding the food.
* Responsible for answering dining phones processing reservations and carry-out orders, as well as communicating other messages to appropriate parties
* Clears and resets tables as needed.
* Assists others in the preparation of foods and properly storing foods utilizing knowledge of temperature requirements.
* Cleans and sanitizes workstations and equipment and follow all regulatory state and organizational procedures.
* Properly operates the point-of-sale computer system if applicable, reporting any system discrepancies to the supervisor on duty.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS * Carries and distributes supplies as needed.
* May train new employees.
* Attends and participates in in-service education programs.
EXPECTATIONS * Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, provides leadership as a role model to promote a team approach, collaborates and participates in policy creation and appropriate problem solving methods.
* Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the National Church Residences' Employee Information Guide (EIG), the Code of Conduct, as well as any facility handbook, including but not
limited to, corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
* With respect to Resident Rights, ensures all care is provided with respect and dignity for the residents/clients, their families and the staff. Reports all complaints made by residents/clients and/or families to the appropriate supervisors, reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/resident property and/or any other corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state and local regulations and laws.
* Completes all annual education requirements timely, including but not limited to Compliance, Privacy, Security and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the Code of Conduct in the performance of their duties.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATION SHEET-WAITSTAFF
Education: High school diploma or GED preferred or currently enrolled in a program to achieve preferred education.
Experience: One to two years preferred.
Mental: Must have good communication, comprehension, and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
Skills: Must have excellent customer service skills.
Licensure: None required _______________________________________________________________________
Vision: Normal: Consistent with standard workflow.
With respect to said job description, estimate the daily time spent performing the following activities.
Rare ( R) = 0-24%; Sometimes ( S) = 25-49%; Frequent ( F) = 50-74%; Continuous ( C) = 75% plus
R = Climbing C= Stooping Lifting / Carrying; S = 10-25 lbs. S = Standing R = Pushing S = 26-50 lbs. R = Sitting R = Pulling R = 51-75 lbs. C = Walking R = Driving ` R = 76 plus lbs.
Consequences of Errors: Some monetary responsibility. Supervision Received: General supervision: Employee generally operates by himself/herself checking with supervisor when in doubt.
Working Conditions: Good working conditions, some distractions. Due to working in facilities, exposure to some disagreeable conditions such as noise, odors, illness, infection and physical contact with disruptive residents.
Learn more about our organization in the video below.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, military status, disability, genetic information and/or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.