What to Expect in our Co-op Program:
Expand your technical and professional skills in a real-world setting. Emerson co-ops are given meaningful work, support, and mentorship from experienced managers and key business leaders. There is the potential to gain knowledge and experience in a variety of ways by exploring opportunities associated with your major and rotating through multiple departments.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation, flexible dress code policy, and paid holidays
- Housing stipends for eligible students and a list of nearby housing options for relocation
- Access to our newly renovated fitness center, workout classes, and wellness program
- Event opportunities through our social and professional development co-op committees
Our co-ops are a key talent pipeline for full-time employment opportunities after graduation at our many locations.
The summer Safety Co-Op student candidate will be responsible to support the Emerson, Sidney Ohio Commercial & Residential Solutions location with safety initiatives and values specific to this location. The Co-Op student candidate will spend most of their time in our Sidney, OH and surrounding locations supporting safety and operations processes. There is a potential for 25% travel to other locations, however this will be taken into consideration based on business conditions determined as COVID-19 current state restrictions ease.
AS A CO-OP SAFETY & HEALTHYOU WILL WORK ON THE FOLLOWING INITIATIVES:
- Job Safety Analysis Development (Priority Project),
- Complete job safety analysis for Sidney Operations and Lab processes.
- SDS (Safety Data Sheet) Compliance Review current state and processes related to chemical storage, use and disposal.
One of Emersons core values is: Support our People.
Employee development is a top priority for Emerson. Employees receive opportunities for professional development, further education, training and individual career development. Emerson encourages both lateral and vertical movement within the company.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity