Nurse Aide - STNA, Assisted Living
First Community Village, National Church Residences
Columbus, OH* Part-Time, 1st Shift
$1,000 Sign-On Bonus
For over 50 years, National Church Residences has been providing quality housing and care for seniors. Our mission is national in scope, as one of the largest not-for-profit providers of affordable housing in the country, with over 350 communities in 25 states and Puerto Rico and originating from a Christian commitment of service to older adults. Open to people of every faith, National Church Residences has become a leading name in senior services, retirement community management and support for people in need.
Join our team and share in the mission withNational Church Residences! We are looking for an experienced part-timeSTNAto support our Memory Care unit in Columbus, OH and build your career here. This role will work with a group of professionals who support teamwork and innovation while promoting unlimited growth and professional development at every level.
Work/Life Balance, Renovated Facilities, 12 Hour Shifts
Enhanced Benefits for Full-time (30+ hours per week) Include:
Generous Paid Time Off Policy
Company Paid Long Term Disability
Growth Opportunities: National Church Residences is comprised of multiple facilities and locations in the Central, Northern and Southern Ohio areas and promotes internal growth.
PURPOSE According to the prescribed policies and procedures of the organization including all applicable federal, state and local regulations and under the general supervision of the Charge Nurse, the purpose of this position is to provide direct care to the residents, assumes the responsibility for assisting the residents with the numerous activities of daily living while encouraging and guiding them to maintain or reach the highest level of function in accordance with facility policies and procedures and report the needs and concerns to the supervisor on duty.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS * Performs/assists with all resident direct care needs and comforts of daily living as needed. Including but not limited to: Lifting, turning, positioning, transporting; bathing, dressing functions, oral hygiene and grooming; answering and responding to call lights in a timely and professional manner; providing restorative care including but not limited to range of motion, ambulation, and bowel and bladder training.
* Provides all additional resident care needs and comforts of daily living. Including but not limited to: Maintaining cleanliness of resident's room to include daily cleaning, deep cleaning as required, and discharge cleaning; providing for and engages in activities of interest to resident; providing restorative nursing programs necessary to maintain ADLs.
* Communicates professionally and effectively, verbally and in writing. Follows written and verbal directions. Provides exemplary customer service to residents, peers, families, managers, and visitors. Reports any changes in physical or mental conditions on a timely basis
* Assists nurses with assigned tasks, including but not limited to: Measuring and recording vitals; gathering weights, measures and other documentation on the residents; making beds, cleaning closets, organizing and ensuring cleanliness of resident living areas; assisting with new admissions as assigned; assisting in the training and orientation of new staff as assigned.
* Adheres to the guidelines as outlined in the Resident Rights documentation. Knows resident rights and helps the residents exercise and/or protect their rights. Reports resident complaints to charge nurse or supervisory in charge, maintains confidentiality.
* Documents resident information timely, accurately and confidentially according to the procedures set forth in the electronic medical record system.
* Adheres to all policies and procedures as outlined under the Safety & Compliance policies and procedures. Demonstrates proper use of equipment. Reports equipment needs or repairs.
* Practices universal precautions. Uses protective equipment, follows infection control protocol standards, policies and procedures.
* Performs food service functions to include: Preparing residents for meals, serving food, assisting with eating, after meal care, passing snacks and fresh water/ice; recording food/fluid intake, noting changes of eating habits and appropriately reporting.
EXPECTATIONS * Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, provides leadership as a role model to promote a team approach, collaborates and participates in policy creation and appropriate problem solving methods.
* Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the National Church Residences' Employee Information Guide (EIG), the Code of Conduct, as well as any facility handbook, including but not limited to, corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
* With respect to Resident Rights, ensures all care is provided with respect and dignity for the residents/clients, their families and the staff. Reports all complaints made by residents/clients and/or families to the appropriate supervisors, reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/resident property and/or any other corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state and local regulations and laws.
* Completes all annual education requirements timely, including but not limited to Compliance, Privacy, Security and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the Code of Conduct in the performance of their duties.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATION SHEET - Universal Worker - STNA
Education: High School diploma/GED
Experience: Two to four years preferred.
Mental: Must have good communication, comprehension, and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
Skills: Must have working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, and World Wide Web.
Licensure: State Tested Nurse Aide _______________________________________________________________________
Vision: Normal: Consistent with standard workflow.
With respect to said job description, estimate the daily time spent performing the following activities.
Rare (R) = 0-24%; Sometimes (S) = 25-49%; Frequent (F) = 50-74%; Continuous (C) = 75% plus
R = Climbing F = Stooping Lifting/Carrying: F = 10-25 lbs. F = Standing F = Pushing F = 26-50 lbs. S = Sitting F = Pulling F = 51-75 lbs. F = Walking R = Driving ` F = 76 plus lbs.
Consequences of Errors: Moderate monetary responsibility. Supervision Received: General supervision: Employee generally operates by himself/herself checking with supervisor when in doubt.
Working Conditions: Exposure to some disagreeable conditions such as noise, odors, illness, infection and physical contact with disruptive residents.
Learn more about our organization in the video below.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, military status, disability, genetic information and/or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.