RN Charge Nurse, 7p-7a
**$5,000 Sign-On Bonus**
Skilled Nursing/Long Term Care
First Community Village, National Church Residences
Columbus, OH * Full-time
For over 50 years, National Church Residences has been providing quality housing and care for seniors. Our mission is national in scope, as one of the largest not-for-profit provider of affordable housing in the country, with over 350 communities in 25 states and it originates from a Christian commitment of service to older adults. Open to people of every faith, National Church Residences has become a leading name in senior services, retirement community management and support for people in need.
Join our team and share in the mission with National Church Residences! We are looking for an RN Charge Nurseto support our Skilled Nursing and Long Term Care unit in Columbus OH and build your career here. This role will work with a team of professionals who support teamwork and innovation while promoting unlimited growth and professional development at every level.
Work/Life Balance, Renovated Facilities
Retirement Plan Available with Company Base and Match Contribution
Generous Paid Time Off Policy, 8 Paid Holidays
Company Paid Long Term and Short Term Disability
Full Time(30 hours or more per week) eligible for Health, Dental, Orthodontic and Vision insurance
Build your career with National Church Residences!We are comprised of multiple facilities and locations in the Central, Northern and Southern Ohio areas andpromote internal growth.
According to the prescribed policies and procedures of the organization including all applicable federal, state and local regulations and under the general supervision of the Director of Nursing, the purpose of this position is to supervise, provide and direct nursing care in compliance with company and facility policies and procedures. The RN Charge Nurse makes observations on an advanced level, report and records observations appropriately, forms nursing judgments and carries out nursing actions based upon understanding of the scientific principles involved.
1. Supervise, provide and direct nursing care in compliance with facility policies and procedures.
* Makes observations on an advanced level; reports and records observations appropriately; forms nursing judgments and carries out nursing actions.
* Follows established standards of nursing practices. Assumes responsibility for compliance with federal, state and local regulations. Interpret existing policies to staff, families and physicians.
* Performs daily rounds, develops and implements accurate comprehensive care plans based on each resident's needs. Follows established policies and procedures for passing medications and treatments. Orders and credit medications as needed, keeps accurate accounting of all medications (Stock medications, unit dose and narcotics)
* Follows staffing guidelines and makes nursing assignments. Receives and gives an accurate report on resident's condition to provide continuity of care.
* Monitor diets and supervises meal trays and snacks served to residents and the resident's intake. Assists in passing meal trays, feeding and passing of snacks.
* Follows facility admissions procedures and communicates admission to other departments, staff, physicians and other service providers.
* Ensures employees follow the chain of command in a manner consistent with the personnel policies.
* Assigns nursing assistants and ensures the efficient completion of their assignments. Supervises, documents and corrects poor performance of nursing assistants. Keeps Unit Managers/Director of Nursing informed on a timely basis of poor performance problems.
* Participates in the performance evaluation process of nursing assistants and provides counseling, coaching and training. Presents performance evaluations to staff.
3. Communicates professionally and effectively:
* Follows written and verbal directions
* Provides exemplary customer service to residents, peers, families, managers, and visitors.
* Reports any changes in physical or mental conditions on a timely basis
* Follows all company, facility and state policies and procedures.
* Attends staff meetings, in-services, inter-disciplinary team and committee meetings as assigned.
* Exercises keen observations of noise, odors, cleanliness, etc. Cooperates with other staff members in all departments to ensure quality environmental conditions for the residents and staff
4. Documents resident information timely, accurately and confidentially according to the procedures.
* Documents changes and notification to POA and doctor; performs comprehensive assessments as assigned.
* Verifies change-over MARS/TARS are correctly updated and necessary changes are made to new MAR/TAR by the 1st of each month
5. Adheres to the guidelines as outlined in the Resident Rights documentation.
* Knows resident rights and helps the residents exercise and/or protect their rights.
* Reports resident complaints to supervisor in charge, maintains confidentiality.
6. Adheres to all policies and procedures as outlined under the Safety & Compliance policies and procedures
* Responsible for ensuring that residents are safe (for example: Wanderguard tab is securely attached to bed/chair as ordered, Wanderguard bracelets are working properly).
* Demonstrates proper use of equipment. Reports equipment needs or repairs.
* Uses protective equipment, follows infection control protocol standards, policies and procedures
* Practices universal precautions and life safety measures.
* Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, provides leadership as a role model to promote a team approach, collaborates and participates in policy creation and appropriate problem solving methods.
* Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the National Church Residences' Employee Information Guide (EIG), the Code of Conduct, as well as any facility handbook, including but not limited to, corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
* With respect to Resident Rights, ensures all care is provided with respect and dignity for the residents/clients, their families and the staff. Reports all complaints made by residents/clients and/or families to the appropriate supervisors, reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/resident property and/or any other corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state and local regulations and laws.
* Completes all annual education requirements timely, including but not limited to Compliance, Privacy, Security and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the Code of Conduct in the performance of their duties.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATION SHEET- RN CHARGE NURSE
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing or a vocational school of practical nursing
Experience: One to two years preferred.
Mental: Must have good communication, comprehension and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
Skills: Must have working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office Suite and the Internet. Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
Licensure: Current Nurse License
Vision: Normal: Consistent with standard workflow.
With respect to said job description, estimate the daily time spent performing the following activities.
Rare ( R) = 0-24%; Sometimes ( S) = 25-49%; Frequent ( F) = 50-74%; Continuous ( C) = 75% plus
R = Climbing S = Stooping Lifting / Carrying; S = 10-25 lbs.
F = Standing S = Pushing F = 26-50 lbs.
F = Sitting S = Pulling F = 51-75 lbs.
F = Walking R = Driving ` F = 76 plus lbs.
Consequences of Errors: Moderate monetary responsibility.
Supervision Received: General supervision: Employee generally operates by himself/herself checking with supervisor when in doubt.
Working Conditions: Exposure to some disagreeable conditions such as noise, odors, illness, infection and physical contact with disruptive residents
Learn more about our organization in the video below.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, military status, disability, genetic information and/or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.