POSITION: Retail Sales Associate-Cashier JOB #: PLAZA-111
POSTING DATE: 04/09/2021 APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED THROUGH: 05/08/2021
Licking/Knox Goodwill Industries Inc., provides training, employment, and support services to individuals with disabilities and other barriers to employment. We accomplish this mission through operating our nine retail stores, an online auction site, a used car lot, numerous janitorial contracts, security services, banquet facility, and campground. Information about all of our services can be found online at www.goodwillnewark.com
- Plaza Store – 1199 Mount Vernon Rd – Newark, Ohio 43055
- Monday-Saturday 9:00am-9:00pm - Sunday 10:00am-7:00pm
Employment Type: Part-Time, 20-29 Hours, Non-Exempt Pay: $9.20/Hour
- Operate a cash register.
- Daily store operations include sorting donations, pricing and displaying products, maintaining sales records.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Assist with some general cleaning.
- Complete required training.
- Monday-Sunday – days/shifts vary based on store needs.
- Stand, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time.
- Bend, twist, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry up to 25 pounds.
- Bale clothes, paper, cardboard and other goods in accordance to company practice.
TECHNOLOGY AND MATH SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Cashier experience preferred. Willing to train.
- Use pricing and tagging gun.
- Ability to operate a cash register, calculator & adding machine.
- Ability to count money & make appropriate change.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide & calculate percentages
- Willing to learn Point of Sale software.
- Communicate in writing and verbally – in person and on the phone.
- Organize and prioritize job duties.
- Employer conducts pre-employment drug screen.
- Employer conducts a background check.
BENEFITS: Paid Training, Recognition Programs, Advancement Opportunities, 26% Discount at Goodwill Retail Stores, 26% Discount at The Grove Camp Ground, 26% Discount Off Banquet Rentals at The Grove, 10% Discount at Goodwill Used Cars, Special New Furniture Pricing, Employee Appreciation Day, Scholarships, Family Day Camps, Transportation to Select Work Sites, Vision and Dental Insurance for Purchase, Life Insurance.
APPLY ONLINE! Complete application for this position on our website at www.goodwillnewark.com Please be prepared to upload, paste or type your resume when prompted. Applications may also be submitted by mail, fax or in person at the Administrative Building during regular office hours.
OOD Eligible. Candidates with disabilities will be given preference.
Licking/Knox Goodwill Industries, Inc. participates in state and federal training and employment programs. All applicants must meet program eligibility standards as required by law.
Licking/Knox Goodwill Industries, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability