The Packaging System Engineer (PSE) will provide technical leadership as an equipment, system, and product specialist. The PSE is responsible to identify, lead, develop, and execute solutions for performance improvements through strong business partnership, strategic productivity, capacity solutions and continuous improvement efforts. This role will be responsible for the five existing packaging systems in Cincinnati. Those systems include traditional cereal scales, bagger, cartoner, case packer/unitizer technologies.
Food and Human Safety:
* Demonstrate clear understanding and execution of human and food safety practices
* Demonstrate understanding of unit op functionality and key transformations
* Demonstrate product and material knowledge
* Demonstrate and coach problem solving
* Demonstrate expertise in manufacturing information systems (MQIS, RMT, Maximo, SAP, VantagePoint, PLM, etc.)
* Develop and maintain material balances and unit operation capability information to ensure optimal production rates, parameters, and formulas.
* Demonstrate understanding of quality metrics, analysis methods and procedures
* Leverage and advance system through people process and technology
* Support a technical training and transfer plan for system
* Provide leadership in application of performance metrics (data accuracy)
* Lead and support technical improvements
* Coach and provide technical expertise on foundational systems (process centerline, CILs, basic conditions, etc)
* Understand and leverage accounting principles for plant, system, and products
* Apply statistical methods to solve problems
Holistic Margin Management:
* Identify, vet and implement HMM solutions
* Support business driven HMM initiatives
Product and Technology Commercialization:
* Deliver key technical elements for capital projects and vertical start up process
* Provide technical guidance and system knowledge in new and reformulated product launch
Future State Strategy:
* Lead development of future state (cost and capacity)
* Lead development of current and future state Loss Tree/Glidepath
* Provide technical expertise in development of improvement plan
* Identify, develop, lead & execute equipment and system improvements that deliver financial and performance benefits. (overuse reduction, reliability improvements)
* Develop and champion a system vision, technical road map and capital needs to support Long Range Plan
* ABET Accredited Engineering degree required
* Minimum of 3 years related work experience in process and/or packaging engineering, process/ system development, product development, quality engineering, maintenance, or manufacturing.
* Demonstrates learning agility, technical leadership, adaptability, analytical and problem-solving skills, decision making, and trouble-shooting abilities
* Demonstrates ability to work with and influence diverse groups at various levels and across functions.
* Strong interpersonal skills, effective written and oral communications
* Experience with Process Lead Role and Foundational Systems
* Experience working with external suppliers
* Expertise with Troubleshooting Tools and facilitating root cause analysis
o Influence management
o Collaborative team player
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best - bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together.Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surroundingourselves with peoplewho are hungry for what's next.
General Mills is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply to any General Mills employment opportunities.