OhioMeansJobs|Cleveland Cuyahoga County has partnered with a leading distributor of beer, wine and various non-alcoholic beverages in Northeastern Ohio. The business has a primary distribution center in Southeast Cuyahoga County. The Company is currently hiring a Warehouse Associate.
Warehouse Associates perform a variety of physical and technical duties within the beverage distribution warehouse. Associates operate in a fast-paced environment and are considered a key member of production within the warehouse. Responsibilities include hand loading and feeding product through the appropriate areas of our semi-automated picking system; ensuring accurate movement and storage of goods in the warehouse. Associates receivein-depth warehouse training.
- Handle product appropriately to avoid breakage and damage.
- Ensure product is picked and loaded according to code dates and label.
- Maintain efficient loading pace while following safety and quality procedures.
- Communicate issues and errors with management in an efficient and professional manner.
- Load delivery trucks utilizing pick sheets and palletizing product in appropriate configurations.
- Support cleanliness and organization of work area and surrounding warehouse.
- Carry out tasks as assigned by the Warehouse Supervisor or Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Basic level with applications such as Word and Excel.
- Must be capable of lifting 35 pound cases consistently and maneuvering 1681b kegs periodically.
- Ability to work in elevated areas in excess of 20 feet from ground level preferred.
- Experience in operating material handling equipment preferred.
- Ability to understand labels and code dates.
- Solid math skills.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Recruiter Hotline 216-777-8255