You have a life. We like that about you.
At OCLC, we believe you'll do the best work of your life when you're living the best life possible.
We work hard to build the technology that connects thousands of today's libraries. But we also work hard to make a job at OCLC a meaningful part of a balanced life- not a substitute for one.
The Job Details are as follows:
Discover. Innovate. Collaborate. Inform. A few words we use to describe a career at OCLC.
Technology with a Purpose. OCLC supports thousands of libraries in making information more accessible and more useful to people around the world. OCLC provides shared technology services, original research and community programs that help libraries meet the ever-evolving needs of their users, institutions and communities. With office locations around the globe, OCLC employees are dedicated to offering premier services and software to help libraries cut costs while keeping pace with the demands of our information-driven society.
We are seeking a Day Porter to join our team!
- Responsible to maintain the building and its contents in the highest degree of cleanliness and sanitation.
- Perform routine custodial functions including trash removal, sanitizing, and re-stocking restroom dispensers.Also responsible for lamp replacement in fluorescent and incandescent light fixtures.
- Perform non-routine custodial functions including stripping and waxing of vinyl tile floors, carpet shampooing, furniture shampooing, spot and chewing gum removal, cleaning fabric covered wall coverings, cleaning ventilation grilles and diffusers, cleaning light fixtures.
- Perform custodial support during and after special events sponsored by OCLC and outside groups as required.
- Responsible to re-stock and inventory custodial supplies.Notify Facilities Manager of supply shortage.
- Report safety related items to the Facilities Manager including damage to carpet and computer room floor tiles, loose stair treads, broken chairs, sharp edges on furniture, fixtures or doors.Seek help in areas where one could become injured including lifting heavy loads.
- Ensure equipment is kept clean and in good repair.
- Ensure cleaning chemicals and solvents are securely capped, stored and labeled.
- Position requires a High School Diploma.
- Experience in the Custodial field.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity