Staff RN - Behavioral Health Float Pool
The Psychiatric RN assists patients to move rapidly, uneventfully, safely, and as effectively as possible through their episode of care. The Psychiatric RN prescribes, delegates, supervises and provides patient care, plans for education, collaborates on plan for discharge and provides for patient safety and quality.Demonstrates competencies defined in the Psychiatric RN responsibilities in providing age-appropriate care to patients from the age of birth through
Evening Shift: (3:30pm-11:30pm)
(2) 24 hours per week available (0.6 FTE).
Night Shift: (11:00pm-7:30am)
(2) 24 Hours per week available (0.6 FTE).
Every other weekend required;Benefits eligible.
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children's Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We're 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we'll never even meet.Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takesaCollaborative Cultureto deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to fosternewdiscoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children's badge what they do for a living. They'll tell you it's More Than a Job. It's a calling. It's achanceto use and grow your talent to make an impact thattrulymatters.Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children's Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
1. Uses nursing process, evidence based practice and unit specific competencies to:
a.Complete the admission assessment.
b. Documents shift charting based on the patient's plan of care.
c. Assures precise and comprehensive completion of all restraint and seclusion documentation.
d.Performs safe handoff and Zero Hero principles in accordance with practices established by the organization.
e.Document a plan of care including patient outcome parameters and nursing orders.
f. Delegate patient care.
g. Evaluate patient care and patient's response/progress.
h. Reassess patients and revise plan of care as appropriate.
i. Supervise patient care.
j. Plan discharge.
k. Plan, provide, delegate, and evaluate patient/family education.
l. Collaborate effectively with all health care disciplines to facilitate patient outcomes.
2. Communicates patient care needs/expectations/priorities to assigned Mental Health Technicians, Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs), Patient Care Assistants (PCAs), unit coordinators, and allied health personnel.
3. Effectively relates and interacts with patient, families, and health care teams utilizing Relationship Based Care, Primary Nursing, and Trauma Informed Care philosophies
4. Effectively manages patient care through one or more of the following:
a. Prescribing, delegating and coordinating care for patients.
b. Care conferences
c. Clinical rounds
d. Charge nurse responsibilities
e. Other coordination activities
f. Organizing and prioritizing care
g. Managing prescribed physician orders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Licensure: Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio.
2. Current CPR certification. Must be willing to obtain and maintain NRP and PALS certification as determined by your manager.
3. BSN; Associate degree with commitment to obtain BSN within 5 years of hire.
4. PALS: within one year of hire for PACU RNs
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Typing on computer Constantly (67-100%)
Using phone Frequently (34-66%)
Sitting Frequently (34-66%)
Standing Occasionally (0-33%)
Lifting Occasionally (0-33%)
Walking Frequently (34-66%)
Must be able to independently lift up to 35 lbs.
Must be able to move or reposition patients of any weight or size with the assistance of another person(s) and/or equipment.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.