At MTD Products, we do more than just design, manufacture, market, and sell outdoor power equipment. We are an industry leader driven by a greater purpose to inspire people to care for and enjoy the outdoors. As employees, we foster collaboration and teamwork, drive for results, champion change, and inspire and motivate others to high performance. We value stewardship, passion, respect, integrity, and gratitude. And, every day we build upon the strong corporate culture that makes MTD a great place to build a career.
Founded in 1932 and headquartered in Valley City, Ohio, MTD is a global company known for innovation and award-winning lawn mowers, snow blowers and other equipment for both residential and professional markets. Our family of brands includes Cub Cadet, Troy-Bilt, Robomow, Rover, and WOLF-Garten - all backed by our strong network of MTD support focused on uncompromising quality, service and value through advanced manufacturing.
The Product Marketing Manager - Electrification, Walk Behind will be responsible for our battery walk behind mower and battery snow thrower product lines. As a Product Marketing Manager for MTD Products, Inc. you must be passionate, results oriented, collaborative, and capable of balancing strategic thinking with daily tactical actions.
* Support Walk Behind Business Segment Director in defining holistic gas and battery category strategies, establishing related business plans, setting key metrics for success, and developing product roadmaps
* Accept role of product expert responsible for establishing knowledge of industry & market trends, technology & design developments, and competitor strategies & offerings including use and evaluation of competitive products.
* Partner with Category Marketing Manager and Consumer Insights team to drive and participate in consumer research and monitor customer satisfaction to establish strong voice of customer point of view
* Identify and recommend new product ideas drawing from information including consumer insights, warranty experience, customer ratings & reviews and competitive benchmarking
* Initiate and support product development via project participation in stage gate process with responsibility for key deliverables and execution of supporting activities (product requirements, business cases)
* Plan a balanced go to market strategy that includes coordinated launch activities, competitive & profitable pricing, well developed sell-in content, and clear consumer facing marketing
* Develop and present communications related to business strategies, product launches and category performance to internal and external stakeholders including supporting customer line reviews with minimal oversight
* Evaluate product portfolio performance relative to plan and category targets and when necessary make recommendations to leadership on course correction.
* Execute day to day product line activities product information upkeep, photography approval, manuals review, label map approval, model configuration, etc.
* Analytics - Compile and analyze data to drive fact-based recommendations
* Collaboration - Work cross functionally and build rapport to influence and gain support
* Communication - Communicate thoughts or ideas clearly and concisely to small and large groups
* Finance - Experience with P&L analysis and familiarity with financial decision-making methods
* Technology - Strong in Microsoft Office applications (advanced Excel & PowerPoint)
* Planning - Strong organization and time management skills
* Stage Gate - Knowledge and experience with project stage-gate process
* Undergraduate degree in business, marketing, engineering or a related filed required, MBA a plus
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in product management or related field (product marketing, marketing, sales or engineering)
* Experience in outdoor power equipment, consumer products or battery products a plus
* The position requires up to 20% travel, primarily domestic, as needed and as appropriate
MTD offers a competitive salary and benefit package that includes 401k, Defined Contribution Plan, Health and Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
MTD is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.