Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
This position primarily serves as a strategic business partner for designated areas and Vice Presidents by developing, facilitating and overseeing programs to drive the HR Strategies and Company initiatives for the employees within the divisions at Headquarters. The HR Manager also serves as an employee advocate to ensure appropriate resolution of concerns and drives employee engagement. The HR Manager provides leadership and developmental support to HR Coordinators and supports the HR Director in the execution of HR policies, processes and procedures.
EFFECTIVE BUSINESS PARTNER:
• Partner with business leaders to execute Company Initiatives.
• Support functional stakeholders to achieve organizational and functional goals.
• Effectively communicate, build relationships and partner with key Business Leaders, Subject Matter Experts and Division Representatives.
• Lead and drive Company, Division, and Regional projects, initiatives and programs.
• Assist business leaders with organizational design and developing structures that support the needs of the business.
• Support business leaders through management of organizational change.
• Promote and maintain positive employee relations in a safe and productive work environment.
• Communicate accurately and appropriately with other employees/vendors in a timely manner.
• Administer and enforce HR policies and procedures and make recommendations for change as needed.
• Ensure compliance with all national, regional and local laws and regulations.
• Accurately complete reports in accordance with appropriate legal documentation (AAP, Adverse Impact, Annual Wage Survey, Disability, FMLA, Compensation, Benefits, EEOC, OSHA, Terminations, etc.).
• Investigate, mediate and resolve employee concerns and/or team conflicts.
• Institute programs and events that encourage high levels of employee engagement and focus on retention. Work with business leaders to implement programs on their teams (i.e., engagement survey, focus groups, employee committees, etc.)
• Lead the Employee Engagement Survey for Headquarters teams, conduct focus groups and work with business leaders to develop and execute action plans.
• Manage employee events (recognition, fundraisers, volunteer programs, etc.) as needed.
RECRUITMENT AND ONBOARDING:
• Partner with the Talent Acquisition team and business leaders to identify and define open positions, discuss the needs of the department and determine a staffing solution to meet business needs. Work with business leaders to create and revise job descriptions as needed.
• Manage steps throughout recruiting process including, but not limited to, conducting interviews and making hire decisions and/or recommendations to hiring managers.
• Review and approve all offers partnering with Compensation as needed.
• Ensure that key positions are being filled by qualified talent and aligned with diversity initiatives.
• Ensure employees complete onboarding as they transition into new positions.
• Coach/guide/counsel career and leadership development.
• As HRBP, lead talent management process for organization under their support
• Partner with business leaders to develop succession plans. Analyze data (e.g. turnover, diversity, retirements, etc.) to create plans that address any talent gaps identified.
• Support enterprise-wide learning and development initiatives and work with business leaders & Corporate Learning & Development Manager to identify learning opportunities for their teams.
• Coach managers through performance related issues. Assist in administering Progressive Discipline techniques when necessary.
• Lead the performance management process for organization under their support
• In partnership with leadership, help create Performance Improvement Plans
INCLUSION & DIVERSITY:
• Support the Enterprise, Group/Division & Department level Inclusion & Diversity initiatives
• Support Employee Resource Groups and provide guidance and counsel as needed
• Partner with the Talent Acquisition team to identify diversity recruitment resources
• Provide training & education on Inclusion & Diversity Initiatives
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
• Master’s Degree
• Focus in Human Resources or business field
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
• Must have a minimum of 4 years previous experience in Human Resources
• HRBP experience
• Experience providing HR Support in a Corporate or Headquarters environment
• SHRM or HRCI professional certification
Temporary work from home protocols may be in effect for this position due to COVID-19, but this is not a remote position and any selected candidate must live within a reasonable commuting distance of the listed location(s).
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-CLEVELAND
Work Locations: USA OH Cleveland Prospect Ave Headquarters
101 West Prospect Ave
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Inclusion and Diversity Supportive Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.