GrafTech International Holdings Inc. is the leader in the graphite industry focused on maximizing customers’ bottom lines and providing unparalleled service, while developing cutting-edge technology that sets the standard in the steel industry.
We have an immediate opening for a R&D laboratory technician. The position will be based out of the Brooklyn Heights, OH location. The successful candidate will perform a variety of complex duties to accomplish development technical programs in the laboratory and manufacturing processes. Candidate must follow established written instructions, possess a strong attention to detail and be safety focused, with minimal supervision. Candidate must be able to carefully observe, document work and communicate effectively with peers and professionals.
- Perform approved projects related to assigned area with minimal supervision, carry out various analyses, collect and evaluate the data and communicate results.
- Set up, operate, and maintain various pieces of laboratory equipment and make repairs as needed.
- Perform assigned tasks in a timely, accurate and cost-effective manner.
- Suggest and implement possible modifications of procedures to improve the productivity of preparation and analysis methods or techniques.
- Maintain complete and accurate records, data books and other required documentation.
- Assists engineers in the preparation of test reports and other written reports and required documentation with minimal oversight.
- Work within the framework of outlined methods in the most efficient manner so that accurate and precise results will be consistently obtained.
- Assists and may lead the training of designated individuals in the skills needed to operate equipment and perform various tasks.
- Follow and promote the use of safe working practices
- Prioritize and directs own work with minimal oversight.
- Uses statistical principles and techniques to design experiments and analyze data.
- Ideal candidate would also have experience with machining tools, such as lathes, saws, milling machines, grinders and/or CNC’s.
- Five years of development/research/industrial experience involving laboratory experiments, use of instrumentation, processing, machining, or equipment design.
- Demonstrated mechanical, electromechanical skills; previous machining experience would be ideal.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and methodical mindset.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Follows all safety protocols.
- Works well independently and in team settings.
- Manages own time to meet objectives and is proactive in offering help to others.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Anticipates and understands customer needs and identifies solutions to nonstandard requests.
- Have the ability to lift 30 pounds.
- Ability to qualify and obtain a forklift license.
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and ability to learn other analytical/instrumentation software.
Associates Degree in similar field or equivalent experience.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience and the opportunity to join a well-established organization. If you thrive in a challenging environment and have a proven track record in achieving results, come join our worldwide organization. For immediate consideration, please apply to the GrafTech International Career portal.
To learn additional company information, please visit our website at www.graftech.com.
GrafTech International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.