The City of Athens is seeking individuals who enjoy working outdoors to join our pool staff. This is a seasonal position expected to last about 120 days and is covered by the Fair Labor Standards Act. The starting pay rate is $9.00/hr. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Responsible for admission of patrons into the pool and/or to work any of the concession areas at the pool. Cashiers may have to work the pool slide and splash pad. Cashiers may have the ability to teach swim lessons. This is a temporary, seasonal position in the Recreation Department.
- Pre-opening duties such as preparing register drawers, preparing food, putting up the flag, etc.
- Keep work area clean and sanitary, including utensils and concession equipment.
- Collect money for admission or food sales, make change accurately and as necessary.
- Maintain reports and records as required, including sales, daily tabulation sheets, nightly deposits, etc.
- Ring out and close drawers as directed.
- Participate in all staff training programs, staff meetings and evaluations.
- Report any problems to cashier manager.
Job Specifications and Qualifications:
- Ability to operate a cash register.
- Knowledge of basic math and ability to accurately make change.
- Ability to operate concession equipment such as popcorn machine, etc.
- Prior experience in fast food restaurant and/or as a cashier desirable.
This is general description intended to provide general duties and qualifications. Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the examples cover all the duties that may be performed. It is not intended to cover all situations, or all necessary qualifications. Job descriptions are subject to change.
The City of Athens, OH is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The City of Athens, OH understands the risk of exposure to COVID-19 and has taken many precautions to slow the spread of the virus. Facemasks and social distancing requirements are enforced. We must all do our part to minimize risk, but even with our best efforts, there is no guarantee that you can avoid exposure to COVID-19.
We prefer applicants apply online; however, paper applications are available upon request. Please call Human Resources at 740-592-3367 if you need to request a paper application.