Job Title: Commercial Insurance Sales Agent
Worksite Location: New Philadelphia, Ohio 44663
Number of Job Openings: 1
How to Apply: **APPLY DIRECT w/ RESUME** to employer by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please mention OhioMeansJobs Stark or Tuscarawas when applying to this employer.
Pipes Insurance Service was founded in 1974 and is located in New Philadelphia, Ohio. Our agency foundation is to provide excellent customer service to new and existing clients. We work with a variety of well-respected insurance carriers to offer solutions for commercial and personal needs.
Pipes Insurance Service is looking for a competitive Commercial Insurance Agent, with strong sales and negotiation skills, to generate new business and manage existing relationships.
The right candidate will sell, solicit, differentiate, and negotiate insurance plans that match the needs of their assigned or prospective customers. The goal is to build strong relationships, to ensure growth attainment and continue to build our agency’s positive reputation.
Please note that because this is a full-time sales position, earned income will be based on years of experience and is subject to sales production.
- Achieve customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives
- Ability to travel within a 40-mile radius and meet face-to-face with clients and prospects
- Occasional weekend or off-hour travel in rare instances
- Build productive relationships to create a pool of prospective clients from various sources by networking, using referrals, etc., to grow a book of commercial property and casualty insurance
- Assist in developing effective sales strategies
- Provide excellent customer service through in-person, email, and phone interactions
- Ability to review and explain claims processes with clients and take charge if an issue arises between client and insurance carrier
- Monitor insurance claims to ensure mutual satisfaction
- Evaluate customers’ needs and risks and propose insurance plans that meet their criteria (involves ability to strongly negotiate with underwriters)
- Report the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to the sales team
- Maintain record of communication with clients through CRM systems
- Maintain an understanding of current job knowledge and learn about new products and services
- Maintain active licensure with the Ohio Department of Insurance
- Proven working experience as an insurance agent or relevant experience
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions
- Demonstrated strong sales, communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Strong ability to cultivate, manage and maintain long-lasting client/agency relationships
- Ability to comprehend and explain insurance contracts and basic contract laws
- Basic understanding of risk management techniques
- Familiarity with all types of insurance plans (commercial, personal, )
- Basic computer knowledge
- Adept in Microsoft Office and client management systems
- Proven ability to work with goals
Required Experience & Licensure
- State of Ohio Property, Casualty, Life and Health Insurance Licensure (can be obtained after hire)
- Insurance background or college degree preferred
Details: This is a full-time, 40-hour per week position. Workdays are Monday through Friday, 1st Shift. Wages are a combination of base salary and commission, with an average range from $40K to $120K per year.
Available Benefits: Health & Dental Insurance, Vacation, Paid Holidays, Sick Leave, 401K
Pre-employment Testing: Reference Check
OMJ Staff Contact: RC1