Job ID: 283499
Northfield, a CRH company, is a division withinOldcastle APG. APG is North Americas leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 36states and 5Canadian provinces through a network of over 195 operating locations and more than 6,500 employees.
Responsible for overall supervision and coordination of workers activities related to the setup, installation, maintenance and repair of equipment, tools and machinery to ensure non-stop operation of the plant/location assigned.
- Direct workers in electrical, electronic, mechanical hydraulic and pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment.
- Assist and direct workers in diagnosis of malfunctions in equipment and machinery.
- Test malfunctioning machinery, determine repairs and assign mechanic for repair.
- Direct workers engaged in dismantling, assembling and installing equipment, parts and machinery.
- Observe mechanical devices and equipment and listen to sounds to determine proper functioning or identify causes of trouble.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Interprets company policies and safety regulations to ensure compliance and safe work environment.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints and job orders to workers and assigns duties.
- Establishes and adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Recommends and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
- Plan and implement a schedule of routine and preventative maintenance procedures and assign and monitor personnel.
- Ensure parts room is organized and parts inventory is properly maintained.
- Order parts needed for special projects, routine maintenance requirements, spare parts, tools and equipment needed.
- Implements preventative maintenance programs / monitors existing programs.
- Coordinates maintenance services to be provided by outside vendors, including warranties and service contracts.
- Associates Degree or equivalent in training, education or 5 years of experience as maintenance supervisor, or equivalent combination of experience, training and education.
- Technical or vocational school certification or equivalent in training or experience
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical and other types of malfunctions of machinery and equipment
- Ability to read and interpret instructions and operations manuals and follow step by step instructions.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of electrical, electronic, mechanical, instrumentation, hydraulic and pneumatic operations, programmable controllers and their application, maintenance, and repair of machinery and equipment
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools
- Strong knowledge of safety and industrial hygiene
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North Americas largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Northfield, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If youre up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on thislink.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity