Charge RN- Nursing BH8A Adolescent Unit- evening shift
Part-Time 24hr/ week working evenings, 3p - -11:30p, plus every other other weekend
Plans, directs, and evaluates the overall patient care and functions in a particular area during an assigned shift. Serves as a role model to positively influence culture and work environment. Practices professional nursing and promotes patient advocacy in accordance with the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses. Maintains a current Ohio Nursing License.
Why Nationwide Children's Hospital?
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children's Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We're 13,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we'll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes aCollaborative Cultureto deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to fosternewdiscoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children's badge what they do for a living. They'll tell you it's More Than a Job. It's a calling. It's achanceto use and grow your talent to make an impact thattrulymatters.Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children's Hospital. A Place to Be Proud
- Coordinates the activities of a particular shift and directs, organizes, and assigns work to the employees. Ensures adequate supplies, equipment and utilization of staff.
- Serves as an expert EPIC Super User. Assesses, monitors, and supports employees throughout the shift.
- Facilitates direct patient care through coaching, delegation and service recovery. Provides direct patient care as needed.
- Engages in the workplace community by staying aware of changes, participating in data collection or auditing, understanding Quality Improvement, and representing staff at relevant meetings and then reporting important information and updates back to staff.
- Ensures regulatory compliance. Institutes emergency responses as appropriate. Maintains quality and safety as a priority.
- Specifies the critical resources required to accomplish the team's objectives.
- Makes appropriate staffing decisions with understanding and consideration of workload targets and budget impact.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Licensure: Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio.
2. Current CPR certification. Must be willing to obtain and maintain NRP and
PALS certification as determined by your manager.
5.2 Years nursing expereince preferred
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Typing on computer Constantly (67-100%)
Using phone Frequently (34-66%)
Sitting Frequently (34-66%)
Standing Occasionally (0-33%)
Lifting Occasionally (0-33%)
Walking Frequently (34-66%)
Must be able to independently lift up to 35 lbs.
Must be able to move or reposition patients of any weight or size with the
assistance of another person(s) and/or equipment.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of
work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be
construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so
classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to
assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.