On behalf of Laurel Lake in the Hudson area, OhioMeansJobs|Summit County is recruiting for LPN Charge Nurse.
The Greenwood LPN is responsible for the provision of quality resident care to the assisted living residents during his/her Greenwood shift. He/she is responsible for supervising; managing and disciplining state tested nursing assistants assigned to the Greenwood unit in order to ensure the continuity and quality of resident care.
- Address resident, family and staff concerns/questions. Relays pertinent information to LPN Supervisor as appropriate.
- Serves as first-line supervisor to resident assistants. Prepares assignments, communicates resident needs and monitors nursing assistant’s performance.
- Completes charting for resident illness or unusual occurrence. Effectively communicates information to residents’ responsible parties, physicians and Greenwood team members.
- Organizes and implements the day-to-day operations of resident care in accordance with Federal, State, Local and facility standards and regulations. Also assists in maintaining resident records.
- Ensures all staff on Greenwood follows guidelines in resident care plans, enhancing resident independence and wellbeing according to the facilities’ wellness philosophy. Participates in implementation of policies and procedures that govern the operations of Greenwood.
- Assures delivery of medications and treatments as prescribed by physicians and monitors and reports progress.
- Monitors the wireless nurse call system and staff responses to ensure prompt and high-quality services.
- Acclimates new residents to Greenwood philosophy and protocols. Participates in review of resident profiles with designated team members to ensure appropriate level of service.
- Accepts responsibility to oversee and discipline staff as is appropriate.
- 1 Year of experience working with the senior population in REC or LTC setting
- Part time and full time available-
- 1st shift 6:00am-2:00pm 2nd shift 2:00pm-10:00pm 3rd shift 10:00pm-6:00am
- Graduate of NLN approved LPN school
- MUST possess a license in good standing, listed on the Ohio Board of Nursing
- BLS Certified (CPR/First Aid)
To apply, please visit www.laurellake.org.