You have a life. We like that about you.
At OCLC, we believe you'll do the best work of your life when you're living the best life possible.
We work hard to build the technology that connects thousands of today's libraries. But we also work hard to make a job at OCLC a meaningful part of a balanced life- not a substitute for one.
The Job Details are as follows:
Discover. Innovate. Collaborate. Inform. A few words we use to describe a career at OCLC.
Technology with a Purpose. OCLC supports thousands of libraries in making information more accessible and more useful to people around the world. OCLC provides shared technology services, original research and community programs that help libraries meet the ever-evolving needs of their users, institutions and communities. With office locations around the globe, OCLC employees are dedicated to offering premier services and software to help libraries cut costs while keeping pace with the demands of our information-driven society.
As an integral member of the Operations and Technology team, provide leadership and vision in areas such as continuous integration and delivery, containers and hybrid cloud. This collaboration focused role will help reduce friction in the delivery process, build trust between teams and improve developer experience through adoption of self-service automated tooling. Breaking down barriers between Development teams and the Operations and Technology team is a core tenant of this position and ultimately responsible for accelerating adoption of platforms and negotiating shared greater value across teams. This role will interact with architects, development team, and technology leaders to assess and evaluate technology and platform operations, champion adoption and guide the implementation and incorporation into solutions. The person who is successful in this role will be knowledgeable and forward thinking and be able to make the connection between business objectives, engineering practices and infrastructure needs as well as guiding the team and individuals through complex problems and situations. This role will drive delivery, quality, improvements and solutions for business issues and problems across the global technology organization.
What you will be Doing/Responsibilities:
- Engage directly within enterprise projects utilizing advancing technology, representing Operations & Technology to provide technical leadership, guide team members and drive delivery.
- Collaborate with application delivery teams to establish a cross-functional, platform and operating model that meet business needs.Presents organizational solutions to leadership and translates them for consumption by all levels of the organization
- Provide direction, decisioning, and leadership on the strategic direction for containerization, platform operations and the developer experience. Drive the development and usage of OCLCs hybrid cloud solution across operating systems and cloud providers. Build, communicate, and deliver solution road maps in a style that varied audiences can understand and that has the mission of OCLC at its core.
- Work closely with developers Ops & Tech teams during the deployment and testing phases to provide insight into operational, security, and performance considerations.Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems, resource, and infrastructure availability and performance optimization.
- Provide critical vision and feedback to inform advancement of the build and deployment pipeline (CI/CD) to utilize open source platforms and tools to support a core platform and the many applications built on the platform.
Who you Are/Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field and/or 10+ years experience in a DevOps Advocacy or Engineering role with 5+ years of people and project management experience or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience with cloud-based provisioning, monitoring, and troubleshooting (preferably AWS).
- 3+ years of experience with containers, orchestration and related tools & technology.Solid understanding of the build and release process. Experience with continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment solutions.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work effectively with IT management, development teams, IT engineering and IT operations staff, thriving in ambiguous situations and knowing when to take charge and move forward.
- The ability to build strong relationships at all levels and across all areas of the organization, advocating automation and orchestration to create operational efficiencies and increase development velocity.
- Expert ability in grasping new concepts and leading transformation in the organization.
- Passion and experience collaborating with and guiding cross functional teams to provide DevOps inspired solutions including Infrastructure as Code and Configuration as Code.
- Strong leadership abilities and sense of ownership, with the capability to develop and guide system and platform team members and IT operations personnel, and work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity