Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design, manufacturing, and recycling of plastic rigid containers. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship.
Plastipak follows industry leading protocols to address COVID-19, including regular disinfection, electrostatic cleaning and temperature sensing kiosks at most locations. We strictly adhere to all CDC guidelines to provide a safe working environment for our associates and visitors; including face coverings, social distancing, and hand sanitizer stations.
Named one of America's Best Mid-Sized Employers by Forbes in 2021, Plastipak offers many great benefits, including:
- MEDICAL, DENTAL AND VISION INSURANCE
- PAID TIME OFF (PTO) AND COMPANY HOLIDAYS
- PART TIME AND FULL TIME OPPORTUNITIES
- 401(K) AND PROFIT SHARING PLAN WITH COMPANY MATCH
- TUITION ASSISTANCE
- COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE AND DISABILITY
- DEPENDENT CARE FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT
- PET INSURANCE
- TECHNICAL SKILLS TRAINING
- LEADERSHIP TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
- REFERRAL BONUS PROGRAM
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
The Process Technician Team Leader Is responsible for the day to day, hands-on operation of automated blow molding equipment, for training associates in various production areas on the floor, and assist the maintenance department to ensure equipment is repaired and maintained timely and effectively.
- Ensures safety devices on equipment are in place and functioning properly
- Relieves process techs for break and lunch periods
- Teaching and helping to monitors and performs necessary process adjustments and records all changes within SPC and machine logs
- Responsible for performing training in a hands-on blow molding environment.
- Responsible for maintaining ISO standards.
- Makes adjustments and repairs on machinery in the designated work area.
- Follows correct housekeeping and safety procedures.
- Must take an active approach in dealing with process issues
- Work with Process Improvement in diagnosing and correcting customer quality issues.
- Initiate action(s) for food safety issues and report the issue(s) and action(s) taken to a member of the Food Safety Team.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Team Oriented
- Must posses strong leadership skills
- Must to be able to communicate in a positive and effective manner with Associates
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous experience in plastics or similar technical area.
- Works overtime as necessary, based on production needs/demands.
- Regularly stand or sit for long periods of time, up to 12 hours at a time.
- Walking intermittently and long distances, up to 8 hours per day.
- Able to lift up to 35 pounds regularly.
- Ability to visually examine minute defects in parts and product.
- Must be able to reach overhead, bend down, and work on a ladder periodically as needed.
- Able to work on aerial platforms up to 20 ft.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
MEDICAL, DENTAL AND VISION INSURANCE
PAID TIME OFF (PTO) AND COMPANY HOLIDAYS
PART TIME AND FULL TIME OPPORTUNITIES
401(K) AND PROFIT SHARING PLAN WITH COMPANY MATCH
COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE AND DISABILITY
DEPENDENT CARE FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT
TECHNICAL SKILLS TRAINING
LEADERSHIP TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
REFERRAL BONUS PROGRAM
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity