Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality welding, cutting and joining solutions ranging from simple to complex. With over 120 years of service excellence, we are committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to foster innovation and a first class experience for our customers. Lincoln Electric, where the actual is limited and the possible is immense.
Req. ID: 19737
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The purpose of the Field Service Technician is to provide both phone support and support at the customers location for Environmental (Fume Control) system issues. In addition, system checkout on the Automation build floor and identification of reoccurring service issues in the field are necessary aspects of the position.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES)
* Handle technical questions from internal and external customers regarding all Environmental products
* Provide technical assistance at the customer's site, during installation, and in production situations, as requested
* Service, train, and provide assistance for customers both in-house and on-site, as necessary
* Maintain records, service reports, and requisition materials for service, as needed
* Occasional packing and shipping of parts orders
* Other duties as assigned
* Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed in support of the Company's 2025 Strategy
* Two year degree, Electrical Technology or equivalent experience required
* Ability to execute routine technology functions from problem analysis to solution and implementation
* Must fully understand the operation of all Environmental products
* Familiar with process control, inspection and testing and test status procedures and specifications, as they apply to parts orders
* Must be familiar with, or willing to learn, Environmental contract review, servicing and warranty procedures
* Must understand the operation and use of selected Production, Q.A. and lab equipment
* Proven to be highly motivated, creative, a quick learner and extremely quality conscious
* Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
* Must have a general understanding of PC computer systems/software, including the production computer system and other software applicable for service
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Lincoln Electric is a $2.5B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 10,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 40 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers. As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world's challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.
Employment Status: Hourly Full-Time
Section: Lincoln Cleveland (US10)