The Staff Accountant assists the SeniorAccountant with reviewing and posting transactions throughout the month, assistwith month-end close in various aspects by running month-end reports, accountspayable and accounts receivable aging.
Under the supervision of the SeniorAccountant, he/she will be responsible for developing and implementingaccounting and control policies and procedures related to assigned area ofresponsibility. An understanding of applicable Generally Accepted AccountingPrinciples is required.
Essential Dutiesand Responsibilities:
* Prepares analytical variance analysisand performs research, as needed.
* Assist with the research of technicalaccounting and compliance matters and potential structures.
* Performs account analysis andreconciliations.
* Other duties may include preparation ofjournal entries, assisting accounts payable, and compiling financialinformation, and reports for management and auditors.
* Recognize potential accounting andinternal control issues and communicate them to the Senior Accountant or theAccounting Manager.
Challenge proceduresused in the past and attempt to enhance internal control techniques
*Bachelor's degree in an accounting, finance or business discipline.
*Minimum 1 year of public accounting experience (audit).
*Eligibility for Certified Public Accountant licensure
*Must be able to work independently with limited supervision.
*Must be proficient with Excel and Word.
*Master's in accounting or Business Administration (MBA)is highly desirable.
*Experience in government contracting is desirable.
*Certified Public Accountant license is a plus.
*Employee must be detail orientated and organized and must demonstrate time management. Employee must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively and proactively.
*Analytical ability to analyze and interpret financial data and solve complex accounting problems as required.
*Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
Mission Essential considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Mission Essential is an EEO/AA employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.