Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
The Manager of Mobile Development is responsible for planning, developing and supporting IT strategy resulting in industry-leading mobile applications for the Sherwin-Williams E-business Center of Excellence. As a working manager, this role provides technical expertise, directs staff and contributes to the development of global, customer-facing mobile experiences. This role is a trusted partner to key stakeholders (management, web, mobile and API developers, UX designers, test engineers, operations engineers, product and business managers) to deliver creative and innovative mobile solutions. You will be responsible for IT mobile executions within a large global enterprise. Communicates effectively, while working closely with other groups to coordinate design, development, and testing efforts of assigned solutions to ensure the successful delivery of projects aligned with business goals. Responsibility includes management of additional staff.
Strategy & Planning
• Formulate technical strategy for mobile experience for a global portfolio of applications.
• Manage and direct development for mobile applications across the company.
• Research and evaluate new development standards and tools, working with other technology leaders to make decisions and drive improvements.
• Plan and coordinate systems upgrades that impact mobile applications.
• Manage mobile team efforts in the planning, design, development and effectuation of improvements with focus on simplification and optimization of processes.
• Determine staffing and skills requirements for the mobile team.
• Build and maintain a detailed succession plan for individuals; contributing to the long-term success of the team.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Contribute to and oversee the daily development within operational, maintenance, and project work for multiple mobile development teams.
• Request and allocate resources based on project sizing and budgets.
• Partner with Center of Excellence leadership to collaborate on program governance, prioritization, and planning activities as needed.
• Collaborate within IT and business owners to ensure timely, quality, and on budget delivery of solutions as well as strategic alignment as necessary.
• Provide necessary resources to mobile development teams to maximize productivity.
• Work with support teams to resolve production issues and plan new development efforts.
• Develop client relationships through communication and engagement on projects.
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert in the discovery and investigation of new mobile technologies and initiatives.
• Mentor and coach team members, including professional apprentices™.
• Develop documentation, white papers and presentations to all levels of management and technical staff.
• Provide management and leadership to the mobile development team and the other development team managers.
• Conduct activities like staffing, performance and resource management, and strategic direction of the mobile team.
• Create and maintain development plans for each team member, including training, skills assessment, career planning, and goal planning.
• Set employee objectives, monitor and evaluate performance and provide feedback and mentoring.
• Manage personal growth objectives and succession planning for the Color Team. Including but not limited to: training, skills assessment, career planning, and goal planning.
• Prepare and lead presentations as requested.
• Lead departmental or divisional meetings as requested.
• Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the group and other business/technical entities.
• Responsible for hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
• Coordinate various operational and administrative tasks as necessary.
• Work with a cross-functional team on special projects expanding outside of our normal scope of work.
• On-boarding and off-boarding contractors and other temporary staff as needed.
• Develop prototypes or small application projects as required to meet business demands.
• Contribute to various process improvement initiatives as requested.
• Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
• Travel up to 10% may be required.
• Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday may be required.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor’s Degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
• 10+ years IT experience.
• 4+ years management and/or supervisory experience or team responsibility in a dynamic/complex environment
• 4+ years managing software engineers: setting goals, giving feedback and developing career plans.
• 4+ years direct experience managing applications and/or systems management
• 3+ years professional experience in architecting, designing and developing highly scalable native iOS and Android applications (Obj-C, Swift, Java and Kotlin) that have been released in the App Store or Play Store.
• Experience with current mobile technologies and trends:
• Material Design and Apple’s HIG design principles, patterns and best practices
• Mobile Application Analytics
• Push notifications and experience with one or more 3rd party push notification systems
• Commonly used device sensors such as camera, gyroscope, accelerometer, Bluetooth and GPS
• Mobile Augmented Reality and Machine Learning capabilities
• Cross platform mobile frameworks and platforms such as React Native and Flutter
• Experience with and advocate for software quality practices:
• Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
• Unit Testing and Mobile Testing Automation
• Experience with architectural patterns and paradigms such as MVP, Rx and/or MVVM.
• Experience with integrating with remote or local data sources:
• REST APIs
• MBaaS such as Firebase
• SQLlite, CoreData, JDXA or NexusData
• Good project management skills
• Ability to lead high pressure, dynamic enterprise environment leveraging expert skills in motivation, facility and influencing to drive results through a team.
• Agile leadership and coaching experience, leading teams to focus and deliver in a fast-paced environment
• Experience with accessibility regulations and guidelines such as WCAG 2.0.
• Experience working with data and systems that require regulatory compliance such as PCI, PII and/or GDPR.
• Experience with establishing governance models, development standards and engineering processes
• Experience working with an API gateway platform and/or microservices
• Experience working with information security vulnerability tests, such as static and dynamic testing tools and/or network penetration tests
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Exceptional ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
• Excellent systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, organization skills and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to quickly pick up new tools and technologies.
• Strong ability to train and teach others.
• Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment, and to lead and influence cross-organizationally with and without direct authority.
• Exceptional ability to effectively move forward on tasks even with ambiguous or changing requirements.
• This may be considered for a remote position which may be performed anywhere within the United States
except for within the state of Colorado.
Candidate must be eligible to work in the country for which they are applying for employment, without now or in the future needing sponsorship for employment work visa and/or permanent residence status.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-CLEVELAND
Work Locations: USA OH Cleveland Prospect Ave Headquarters
101 West Prospect Ave
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Inclusion and Diversity Supportive Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.