Director, Channel Development & Alliances
Reporting to the Trimble Transportation Sector Vice President of Supply Chain Insights & Channels, the Director, Channel Development & Alliances will serve as a key member of the Channel Development & Alliances team, working closely with all franchise and divisions of the Trimble Transportation Sector, third party partners and the executive management team to drive and implement key strategic initiatives and revenue growth.
This position will play a key role in shaping and executing Trimble Transportation's Connected Supply Chain strategy by building a leadership position in the SMB, mid-market and small enterprise shipper segments, as well as with carriers and brokers. The Director, Business Development & Strategic Alliances will be responsible for identifying, evaluating, implementing and managing a broad range of strategic business initiatives, collaborations, reseller channels and partnerships as well as for bringing new technologies, relationships and resources to the company.
Primary Key Responsibilities
* Collaborate with Product Management and leaders of Trimble Transportation franchises and divisions to establish business priorities to align business development strategy and execution to meet business goals
* Prospect for potential new partnerships and channels to develop business relationships to increase business and capacity to support growth initiatives.
* Evaluate inbound partnership requests and collaborate with product management and business leaders to create financial and technical business case for decision
* Develop partners/channels by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network and cold/warm calling as appropriate within your defined business area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
* Create business terms sheets, collaborate with legal from contract creation to completion and insure all parties adhere to contract terms and conditions to deliver on TT key performance objectives of the relationship
* Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
* Present new products and services opportunities to grow and enhance existing relationships.
* Create channel/partner rollout plans and models that meet business objectives and grow Trimble Transportation ARR. Work with partner/channel to execute on a timely basis.
* Collaborate with internal TT organizations to insure product, marketing,sales, implementation and customer support objectives are delivered to meet business objectives
* Define Key Performance Objectives for each partner/channel, track monthly and report to TT executive management
* Shape strategic plan: In conjunction with key stakeholders, drive the development of long-term and short-term strategies to leverage corporate competencies and build corporate value.
* Identify and prioritize key initiatives: Be well versed in key technical and business trends and track market dynamics to establish actionable opportunities. Leverage network and resources to establish and maintain relationships with prospective partners to keep Trimble Transportation as top of mind.
* Drive robust business development process: Deliver successful deal outcomes for both strategic partnerships to transactions including conducting comprehensive technical & business evaluation, scenario planning and analysis, constructing & negotiating innovative, value-creating "win-win" deals and collaborating with Commercial, R&D, Legal, Finance and other stakeholders to build buy-in. Champion new opportunities through senior management review.
* Implement and manage collaborations: Ensure that each collaboration is appropriately integrated, managed and resourced within the company to maximize probability of success.
Experience and Qualifications
* Four year college degree
* 8+ years of experience in the computer software industry in the capacity of sales, business development or channel/partnership development.
* Channel/Partnership experience working with supply chain planning and execution and/or fleet management technologies preferred.
* Strategic, out-of-the-box thinking with keen business instincts and the ability to execute on bold ideas creating value add results for the company.
* Strong sales and communications skills and the ability to influence promotional efforts of channel partners.
* Must have strong closing skills and be able to directly support and help close new business.
* Technical and business acumen across industry technology platforms supporting transportation, supply chain, and distribution disciplines of shippers, carriers and third party intermediaries
* Strong executive presence with experience championing the business case with Senior Management.
* Track record of driving business development process through inception, evaluation, execution and implementation including structuring, analysis, diligence and leading negotiations.
* Broad network of contacts across the supply chain technology software and hardware industry, systems integration businesses, relevant industry consultants and venture capital/private equity firms
* Excellent analytical, project management and organizational skills with the ability to make sound business judgments.
* Energetic, resourceful self-starter with high integrity, problem-solving skills and collaborative approach to thrive in a dynamic, team environment.
* Flexibility to travel up to 40% in non-pandemic conditions.
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D
It is Trimble's policy that candidates are entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or the presence of a medical condition or disability.