At Dura-Line, we aspire to create a more connected world, because we believe every company, every community, every person deserves the chance to advance their lives through better access to high-speed broadband. We take pride in our state-of-the-art quality products and being recognized a key partner with all of the major telecommunications companies across the world. In one year, Dura-Line produced over 1.4 billion feet of digital network infrastructure. Dura-Line creates what connects us. Every time you pick up your cell phone, log into the internet, or use your i-anything, its because our HDPE pathways protect that delicate string of glass called a fiber optic cable that carries everything from precious pictures of your puppy to the latest sports scores. Your safety, health, family, work, entertainmentyour whole life; thats our connection.
Dura-Line is currently searching for a highly qualifiedProductionSupervisor - Coupler to join our Elyria, OH team. This enthusiastic problem solver will be overseeing production operations and will directly supervise the daily operations of the production team such as staffing, quality control, and schedule adherence.
As a Production Supervisor - Coupler, you will need 3-5 years of production experience in manufacturing in roles having direct reports and shop floor accountability. Also, having a background in assembly is a PLUS! You will need excellent multi-tasking skills with the ability to handle multiple projects with multiple deadlines, demonstrating an ability to prioritize between what is urgent and what is important.
Great leadership skills are critical in this role! You will be responsible for coaching and mentoring your team while determining best practices and implementing the practices on all shifts. You will be a hands-on, boots-on-the-ground, engaging, and involved leader to your team. You will lead by example and ensure to hit targets (in order of priority) in safety, quality, service, cost, and production. Your problem-solving skills will be key in this role! When goals are missed, we will look to you to understand why, and have suggestions for improvement.
What else can help you succeed in this role?
- Technical and mechanical aptitude is a must! You will troubleshootandassist with problems onthe lines and select/install the correct tooling for changeovers on the lines.
- Use your organizational and multitasking skills to oversee production, monitorprocess control, and maintain documentation on all associatesand equipmentin the department.
- Proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to complete required daily and monthlyreportsonattendance, machine efficiency, scrap, process improvement,etc. (ERP/SAP experience is a plus!)
- Lean, safety, andqualitymake upour culture! DailyGembawalks,safety audits, and quality checkswill become part of your routineand team meetings.
What are some skills needed to be successful in this role?
- Organizational Skills must be able to plan production schedules, ensure all material and equipment needed are available, equipment efficiency, and materials supply.
- Problem Solving Abilities must be able to quickly resolve personnel/production issues by reviewing data, investigating the issue, determining a resolution, and use appropriate corrective action based upon Dura-Lines policies.
- Communication Skills able to speak in front of people and effectively deliver information, whether good or bad.
- Time Management ensure the on-time delivery of products by ensuring the production time is utilizing the most time - efficient processes with the least amount of downtime.
- Analytical Skills must be able to recognize manufacturing issues & quickly resolve the issues in a safe, efficient, and effective manner.
- Decision-Making Abilities must be able to work well under pressure and quickly make tough decisions through an assessment of the information available.
Why should you join our company? Wewill invest in your capabilities andempower you to make an impact andgrow in this role! We offera competitive salary, great benefits, 401k with company match, PTO, holidays, and much more!
Join Our Team:Discover how Dura-Line creates what connects us. Every day, in the little ways and the big ones, our lives depend on clear, consistent, reliable communication. Check out our products, history, and testimonials atwww.Dura-Line.com
Join Our Team:Dura-Line offers all its employees an exciting work environment and provides career opportunities in a continuously growing company. We are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce that represents our global customer base. Check out our products, history, and testimonials atwww.Dura-Line.com
Dura-Line is part of a community of companies, known asOrbia, bound together by a shared purpose: to advance life around the world. Orbias business groups have a collective focus on insuring food security, reducing water scarcity, reinventing the future of cities and homes, connecting communities to data infrastructure, and expanding access to health and wellness with advanced materials. The business groups include Precision Agriculture, Building and Infrastructure, Fluor, Polymer Solutions, and Data Communications, which collectively pursue human centric solutions to global challenges.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity