JOB SUMMARY: A deboning general production team member performs a variety of tasks under close supervision of higher-level employees. This includes the steps involved in processing a turkey in manner compliant with USDA regulations, along with quality and customer requirements. These tasks may also include assisting with extra workload, covering absences and vacations, and supplementing other departments to meet the changes in production.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Keep workstation clean and ensure all yielded meat is handled safely.
- Rotate with other team members as directed.
- Closely follows directions to operate all equipment in a safe manner.
- Wear all required PPE.
- Follow work instructions for proper turkey processing.
- Maintain good attendance and report to work on time.
- Report any issues to supervisor or higher-level employee.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
These are the current essential functions of the job and are subject to change.
- Ability to listen, understand, and follow directions.
- Ability to work in a variety of roles
- Display a positive attitude.
- Prolonged periods standing and walking.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. at times.
- Manual dexterity as needed to operate and utilize a variety of equipment and tools.
- Must be able to work in temperatures below 50°F and tolerate exposure to typical noises and smells associated with the plant.
- Must be able to work 8+ hours with a flexible end time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Job training for this position is provided by department trainer.
TRAINING NEEDED ANNUALLY: HACCP, SSOP, GMP, Food Security, Animal Welfare, Allergen