OBJECTIVE: Responsible for stacking and wrapping eggs onto pallets in a manner that reduces damage during shipping and handling to ensure the customer is receiving quality eggs.
QUALIFICATIONS: A high school degree or GED is preferred.
SKILLS REQUIRED: Qualified candidates must have basic reading and writing skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: For the physical requirements of this job, please see Human Resources.
TRAINING NEEDED: SSOP, GMP, HACCP, Animal Welfare, Food Security, Allergen, Lock Out/Tag Out, Chemical Handling, SQF and additional training as deemed necessary.
- Stack the cases of eggs on the proper pallet according to the SQF program and customer requirements.
- Review the daily run sheet and set up the packers accordingly before daily production starts.
- Wrap or tape pallets according to customer requirements.
- Count cases and tag pallets in accordance with the CAT² system.
- Place finished and/or partial pallets in the cooler as directed or according to CAT².
- Maintain an adequate supply of all stacking materials to meet production needs and scan incoming material into CAT².
- Monitor the tape machine and replace tape rolls before they completely run out to prevent downtime and/or product loss.
- Assist with product rework as needed.
- Complete steps to properly clean equipment at the end of the production according to SSOP’s.
- Follow all HACCP/GMP and SQF protocol for proper handling of eggs.
- Promote the Cooper Culture through trainings and personal demonstration.
- Maintain an active interest in performance level, attendance, and attitude.
- Follow all safety practices and protocols.
- Perform all duties as apparent or assigned.
These are the current essential functions of the job and are subject to change.