OBJECTIVE: To safely transport eggs, materials and backhaul products while adhering to all biosecurity practices, state and federal laws.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must hold a valid Class A CDL with a minimum of 2 years of verifiable driving experience. Candidates driving records must meet the guidelines as established in the Cooper Farms Fleet Safety manual.
SKILLS REQUIRED: Ability to adhere to a schedule and have the flexibility to adjust to unforeseen circumstances. Candidates will be required to operate a pallet jack and have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: For the physical requirements of this job, please see Human Resources.
- Transport eggs from Cooper Farms location to designated distributor.
- Properly disinfect tractor, trailer, equipment and boots.
- Complete driver inspection reports daily and turn in books on a monthly basis.
- Comply with e-log regulations.
- Neatly complete paperwork associated with each delivery.
- Adhere to designated travel plan.
- Maintain interior and exterior of truck and trailer in a proper manner.
- Maintain a driving record in accordance with the Cooper Farms Fleet Safety Manual.
- Promote the Cooper Culture through training and personal demonstration.
- Maintain an active interest in performance level, attendance, and attitude.
- Follow all safety practices and protocols.
- Perform all duties as apparent or assigned.
These are the current essential functions of the job and are subject to change.
This position provides the ability to be home every weekend and once throughout the week!