OBJECTIVE: To safely deliver assigned products in a timely manner while adhering to all bio security practices.
QUALIFICATIONS: Interested candidates must hold a valid Class A CDL with a minimum of 2 years of verifiable driving experience. Candidates driving records must meet the guidelines as established in the Cooper Farms Fleet Safety manual.
SKILLS REQUIRED: Ability to adhere to a schedule and have the flexibility to adjust to unforeseen circumstances.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to climb in and out of semi-tractor approximately 20 times per day.
- Deliver product as scheduled with a positive attitude.
- Obey all company, state and federal laws.
- Properly disinfect trucks and use proper bio security attire.
- Complete a daily inspection of tractor/trailer every day prior to leaving and report any needed repairs to the supervisor immediately.
- Responsible for completing driver logs and inspection reports on a daily basis.
- Ensure that the tractor/trailer can pass state inspection laws.
- Maintain cleanliness or interior and exterior of tractor/trailer.
- Follow all bio security and fleet safety guidelines.
- Follow all requirements of the Fleet Safety Manual.
- Promote the Cooper Culture through trainings and personal demonstration.
- Maintain a valid Class A Commercial Drivers’ License.
- Maintain an active interest in performance level, attendance, and attitude
- Follow all safety practices and protocols.
- Perform all duties as apparent or assigned.
These are the current essential functions of the job and are subject to change.