OBJECTIVE: Safely transport pigs by strictly following all biosecurity and animal handling guidelines. This position will work closely with the hog crew and Moving Crew Manager to effectively and efficiently transport, sort and vaccinate pigs.
QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants must hold a valid Class A CDL and must be able to work flexible hours. Must be willing to obtain TQA and PQA training.
SKILLS REQUIRED: Ability to adhere to a schedule and have the flexibility to adjust to unforeseen circumstances.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: For the physical requirements of this job, please see Human Resources.
- Transport pigs by loading and unloading at specified locations as scheduled.
- Ensure all tractors and trailers are cleaned and disinfected.
- Assist in the loading, unloading and sorting of pigs and vaccinating using trained techniques.
- Perform daily inspection of tractor and trailer. Report needed repairs to manager immediately.
- Make suggestions to manager on improvements that may improve the hog scheduling or any area of the swine division.
- Complete all paperwork neatly and properly.
- Follow all animal handling guidelines and attend all required trainings.
- Maintain a driving record in accordance with the Cooper Farms Fleet Safety Manual.
- Promote the Cooper Culture through trainings and personal demonstration.
- Maintain an active interest in performance level, attendance, and attitude.
- Follow all safety practices and protocols.
- Perform all duties as apparent or assigned.
These are the current essential functions of the job and are subject to change.