OBJECTIVE: To safely and humanely load finishing turkeys and/or market hogs while always keeping grower and company needs a priority.
QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma is preferred. A valid driver’s license is preferred, but not required.
SKILLS REQUIRED: Must be able to work alongside a team, be timely and a self-starter. The ability to pay close attention to detail is required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: For the physical requirements of this job, please see Human Resources.
- Handle animals with proper care when moving/loading.
- Follow all animal handling guidelines.
- Ensure all equipment and boots are disinfected after every flock/herd.
- Follow all bio-security practices and SOPs as they relate to the position.
- Be courteous and respectful to fellow team members, managers and growers.
- Responsible for leaving the barn in the same condition as it was prior to arrival.
- Promote the Cooper Culture through training and personal demonstration.
- Maintain an active interest in performance level, attendance, and attitude.
- Follow all safety practices and protocols.
- Perform all duties as apparent or assigned.
These are the current essential functions of the job and are subject to change.