OBJECTIVE: Supervise the day-to-day activities of liquid further processed operations to meet company objectives and achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
QUALIFICATIONS: A bachelor’s degree in business, food science, or related field is preferred. Two years of experience in a supervisory or managerial level is required. Well-rounded knowledge of the SQF program, USDA-FSIS & FDA regulations.
SKILLS REQUIRED: This position is a hands-on role that requires a strong supervisory background with exceptional communication skills. Leadership ability, knowledge of product specifications, scheduling, coordination and organizational skills are required. The ability to lead a team and promote a positive work environment is also required. Must have strong mathematical skills of addition, subtraction, multiplying and division along with Microsoft Excel skills
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: For the physical requirements of this job, please see Human Resources.
TRAINING NEEDED: SQF, HACCP, SSOP, GMP, Food Security, Animal Welfare, Allergen
- Ability to learn the liquid process and become the process expert.
- Promote a positive culture that aligns with the beliefs and behaviors of CW Egg Products.
- Identify and resolve process and equipment problems, using available resources to maintain productivity and quality
- Ensure the department(s) is always regulatory inspection-ready. Participate in the development of quality goals and oversee operations to ensure targets and objectives are achieved. Review trend data to ensure quality compliance and correct negative trends as required. Reinforce quality practices throughout the department.
- Provide oversight and support to ensure adequate quality improvement initiatives are appropriately identified and implemented in a timely manner.
- Implement quality improvements and productivity initiatives by developing new ideas, improving processes, and planning for upcoming equipment or process changes.
- Adhere to food safety, quality and State and Federal regulatory.
- Participate in “hands-on” work as needed while supporting team members training and development. Provide backup to other Pasteurizing and Blending operators during peak times, vacations, absences, etc.
- Always remain mindful of and adhere to GMP’s, Quality and Food Safety requirements.
- Actively manage department activities to deliver against cost objectives.
- Promote the Cooper Culture through trainings and personal demonstration.
- Maintain an active interest in performance level, attendance, and attitude.
- Follow all safety practices and protocols.
- Perform all duties as apparent or assigned.
These are the current essential functions of the job and are subject to change.