Becoming the leader in the fire and security industry takes talent-yours. We are looking for experienced Security Systems Technicians in the Columbus OHarea to join our best of the best team as we drive the industry forward and pursue excellence in everything we do. If you're up to the challenge, we want to talk to you.
At Koorsen, we don't provide jobs, we provide careers. A career at Koorsen includes competitive pay, a great health package, an annual bonus program, life insurance, continuous learning offerings, matching 401k, paid holidays, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, career growth opportunities, and much more.
Primarily responsible for installation, inspection/service or repair of low voltage electrical systems including Security Alarm, Video, Camera and Access Control systems. This is a hands-on position requiring a mechanical/electrical aptitude coupled with excellent communication, organization, and customer service skills.
* Work with customers to identify necessary and desired system components
* Manage system inventory and materials
* Read wiring diagrams and systems blue prints to assure proper and safe installation
* Up-sell products to meet customer needs/wants
* Mount low voltage electrical devices & panels
* Run and install wires per manufacturer specifications and code
* Complete necessary paperwork
* Perform on-site troubleshooting when necessary to complete the job
* Provide customer with system operation training
* Keep work truck clean and organized
* Manage inventory and tools for each job to assure proper parts and tools are on hand
* Perform emergency calls on fire & security systems
* Take customer calls 24 hours/day while on call, answering and responding to calls in a timely manner
* Conduct emergency assessments and return systems to proper operational status immediately
Knowledge, Education, Licensing, and Experience Requirements:
* High School Diploma or equivalent is required with two years' working experience
* Minimum of 3 years' field experience in Low Voltage Electrical systems is required with Security Systems experience highly preferred
* Certifications in Lenel, Software House and Prowatch strongly preferred
* Must be well versed in the safe use of hand and power tools
* Active Driver License, in good standing required.
* Must meet safe driving policy criteria to be an active company vehicle driver
* Must be able to pass drug and background screenings
* Must be able to climb ladders up to 12 feet
* Must be willing to obtain state licenses if required.
* Prior lift training and/or experience is highly preferred
* Knowledge of construction site and workplace safety practices is highly preferred
* Experience with multi-meter, man-lift operation, use of computers, and compass software is preferred
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS:
Please review the following to ensure that you are aware of key information for all applicants. If you have questions, please contact us at hiring"at"koorsen.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Family Medical Leave Act: Koorsen Fire & Security, Inc. meets all regulations for complying with the Family Medical Leave Act. E-Verify and Workers Rights: Koorsen Fire & Security Inc. participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization. The E-Verify and workers' rights notice are available in English and Spanish. Accommodation Requests: If you are an applicant with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at hiring"at"koorsen.com. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. Privacy Agreement: Please be aware of the following when answering conviction-related questions: Applicants should not disclose convictions that have been expunged, sealed, or statutorily eradicated; Misdemeanor convictions for which probation has been successfully completed or discharged and the case has been judicially dismissed; or Any referrals to a diversion program.
HIRING PROCESS (in addition to an interview):
1. New hires must complete the I-9 Verification form with 3 days of hire. This form is required by the U.S. Department of Justice and Immigration and Immigration and Naturalization Services and is used to verify your identity and right to work in the United States. In addition, we verify employment eligibility via E-Verify.
2. Background checks with criminal courts, state and county repositories of criminal records, the Department of Motor Vehicles, are required of all Positions.
3. Tests for Evidence of Substance Abuse by way of urinalysis test is required if this application results in an offer of employment.
Koorsen Fire & Security, Inc. considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran's status, or any other legally protected status.