OBJECTIVE: The primary goal of this position is to maintain responsibility for the operation, maintenance and repair of ammonia refrigeration and HVAC utility equipment/systems.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Must be able to stand for entire shift
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 100 pounds
- Must be able to work in a cool damp environment
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in operation, repair and maintenance of refrigeration and HVAC and utility equipment/systems.
- Must be experienced in ammonia refrigeration and electrical controls.
- Must be flexible to work some weekends.
- Starts systems and observes operation.
- Read gauges and instruments and adjust mechanisms to control level of fluid, pressure and temperature in the system.
- Maintain proper functioning of refrigeration systems.
- Respond to emergency calls regarding refrigeration on production floor.
- Dismantle malfunctioning system and test components using electrical, mechanical and pneumatic testing equipment.
- Detect and understand warning lights, buzzers, alarms and/or instruments indicating hazardous conditions or circumstances which may cause equipment or product loss and physical harm.
- Maintain an active interest in product safety and legality.
- Maintain a good attendance record and positive/helpful attitude.
- Any other duties assigned by your supervisor.