- Take water and wastewater samples on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis as needed.
- Operate and monitor the water treatment equipment
- Operate and monitor the wastewater treatment equipment
- Complete maintenance and repairs on the water, wastewater, and lagoon equipment
- Ensure compliance with all EPA regulations
- Complete the required EPA paperwork for the water and wastewater systems
- Monitor creek flows and levels to facilitate the direct discharge of wastewater
- Monitor, replace chemicals for water and wastewater treatment
- Monitor and assist in the sludge removal on a weekly basis
- Maintain cleanliness of the water treatment, DAF, and screen buildings.
- Help with other utility equipment as needed
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand for an 8 hour shift
See HR for physical requirements of position.
- Chemical Training
- Spill Prevention
- Water Control Operations