OBJECTIVE: To learn and perform all current practices and techniques to properly operate within the breeding and gestation barn at a sow complex.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: For the physical requirements of this job, please see Human Resources.
1. Animal care and welfare.
2. Pregnancy and heat detection.
3. Proper movement of animals with use of flow system.
5. Barn maintenance.
6. Team member participation.
7. Maintains safe work habits & a positive safety attitude.
8. Demonstrates quality workmanship in responsibilities.
9. Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
10. Maintains a cooperative attitude toward managers and all others on the team.
11. Maintain an active interest in performance level.
This description is accurate based on the industry's current large scale production practices. They are by no means a complete description of this position's duties. It does, however, depict an accurate general job description.