OBJECTIVE: The primary goal of this position is to perform daily general maintenance and repair projects at sow farms.
QUALIFICATIONS: A successful candidate for this position will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in maintenance and facilities management. Must be self-directed and able to work on projects independently. Must be detail-oriented, able to accomplish tasks through the cooperation of other people and be experienced in some type of maintenance.
SKILLS REQUIRED: Basic knowledge of general maintenance practices (welding, electrical, carpentry, plumbing, etc.). The ability to work effectively with a variety of personalities in a live animal setting. This person must be a team player and able to assist in other areas of the farm as needed. Must have strong cleanliness habits at all times and maintain a valid driver’s license and insurability.
- Perform highly diversified duties for installation and maintenance of production and facility equipment and machines.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Communicate as needed with contractors/vendors to coordinate needed materials and supplies.
- Perform general troubleshooting, diagnosis, replace or repair parts, and testing.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools.
- Monitoring and maintaining appropriate ventilation systems.
- Perform all maintenance tasks related to heating, ventilation, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, welding and other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Regular and routine communication with farm manager and division manager.
- Dependability in attendance is essential to this position.
- Jobs must be completed in a timely manner.
- Follow all bio-security measures according to Cooper Farms Biosecurity policies.
- Follow all safety rules and practices and encourage coworkers to do the same.
- Other duties as may be assigned to fulfill responsibilities of this position.
- Attend scheduled meetings and trainings as deemed necessary by the company.
In all areas described above, the individual should project a positive image, cooperate and communicate well with management and staff, promote safety and the future growth of the company.