OBJECTIVE: To provide the best vaccinating techniques to all our Turkeys in a safe and humane manner.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: For the physical requirements of this job, please see Human Resources.
A. Follow all biosecurity guidelines to ensure the health of our animals.
B. Care for ill birds per veterinary and manager guidance and maintain records.
C. Keep work area clean and ensure safety protocols are followed.
2. Perform following duties (daily basis) based on appropriate SOP/SWI:
A. Proper set up and tear down of vaccinating equipment.
B. Proper ramp running and catching of birds during vaccinating process.
C. Proper shooting techniques for subcutaneous, tail head, and wing web shots.
D. Administer proper vaccines & in proper dosage, following veterinary guidelines.
E. Handle all animals with care when loading and unloading.
F. Follow Animal Care Guidelines at all times.
3. Perform minor maintenance to maintain buildings/equipment & report major repairs needed to the farm manager.
4. Must be reliable & dependable.
5. Team Member Participation.
6. Maintains safe work habits and a positive safety attitude.
7. Demonstrates quality workmanship in all responsibilities.
8. Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
9. Maintains a cooperative attitude toward managers and other team members.
10. Maintains a good attendance record & reports to work on time.
11. Maintains an active interest in performance level.
In all areas described above, the individual should project a positive image, show a high level of responsibility, cooperate and communicate well with management staff, promote safety and the future growth of the company.